1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

So my Muff transfers power...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tbirdbassist, Apr 20, 2006.

1. I was at band practice and was using a MXR Phaser and a older Boss bass chorus (brown one with three knobs), both had dead batteries and when I plugged them in after my muff, they were powered (I bought the adapter when I got the muff).

Is this just mine or is this go for all the NYC Reissues? If so, this gives me another reason to love the Big Muff. :D

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Hmm.......

3. "Hmm" isn't the answer I was hoping for. Is this rare? I now Boss has a couple of pedals that can power others with a Daisy Chain, but not through the cables...

I'm not too sure now if it was powering the MXR too, as I remember checking it and having the red light on... but I can't remember if I checked it with the cable coming from the Chorus pedal or just some random one. I do know for a fact though, that the Muff was powering the Boss because I checked it and it gave no signs of life before I even hooked the muff up.

I was running Bass>Muff>Chorus>Phaser>Amp, btw.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'm trying to remember how the circuit was designed, but conversations with women have left me confused. LOL. I don't recall exactly how the battery is attached to the jacks or anything, but it may be possible...