1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So my old Avatar Delta 210 came back to me...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GeddyisGod, Jun 13, 2012.

1. GeddyisGod

GeddyisGod Four on the floor and nothing more!

Feb 4, 2004
    Moberly, MO
    Don't know if it's permanently back but it could be. This is the one with the Delta mid-drivers in it. I use it for running a distorted signal with a bump in the upper mids and the low rolled back a bit, and it actually excells at this. When teamed with my other cab carrying the clean lows it sounds great.

Eventually my plan is to get two smaller cabs to do the split signal. I know that ideally you want to match drivers, in this case it isn't really possible or practical. The Deltas don't have enough low on their own, and Avatar doesn't sell them anymore anyway. What I was wondering is what would be a good match for the Deltas? For the most part they would always be getting different signals, but on the occasion I run everything together (other cab is a Neo 410, would still get the clean signal) I'll need them to make a decent match.

So my question is, sticking in the Avatar realm for now, would a 112 be better than another 210 in this case? I was thinking that since the Deltas run out of steam quicker than the newer 10s that a single 12 might end up balancing better, or am I way off? I'm not a sound engineer but I know some of you guys are so that's why I'm asking. :p

2. I have one of those Avatar 2x10 with Deltas. They are hard to match with anything, even when using crossover and/or bi-amping. I yanked out the drivers and turned that rat-fur covered brick of an enclosure into a playhouse for my cats! Then I put each driver into their own individual, light weight, vented enclosure (1 cu. ft., 1/2" plywood construction, 77Hz tuning, 2.6" diameter port). What resulted is two, most-awesome sounding , compact vocal monitors. No need for a tweeter with the delta 10Bs, IMHO.

Forget the Deltas for bass!

3. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    The 112 won't keep up providing lowend but the 212 would. A decent 115 could too. Won't be long before somebody says "3015LF, man" but, a decent, regular, high spl 15 with some lows and some real power handling like a Legend CB15 or 1505 Black Widow would. As far as how they'll blend running them all together fullrange is anybody's guess.

4. GeddyisGod

GeddyisGod Four on the floor and nothing more!

Feb 4, 2004
    Moberly, MO
    This sort of goes against my original plan but the Deltas came into my possesion cheaply. Also when just running the smaller pair I won't need a huge amount of volume, so I won't have to push the "low" cabinet too hard.