Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So my wife got me something today...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wes Whitmore, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    My wife purchased a old spector 4 string today for my xmas. It looks like a Euro 4 that they are currently selling new for $1400 at GC, but it was used, and I got it for $450. It is painted all black, with black hardware. It has active P/J EMG pickups. I spent the night cleaning and polishing it, and it looks great.
    Thanks,
    Wes

2. Enjoy the Spector!!!

Had an NS2A years ago, it played and sounded wonderful.

Now that your new bass is polished up all nice and such, make some good groovy greasy funk with it, and happy holidays.

:)

3. Wes Whitmore

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I dont know much about the history of this bass, or what model it is, but there is a serial number on the back electronics plate. I was thinking it was Korean, but who knows. It is my first through neck, so I am happy!
    thanks,
    Wes

4. GC in Columbus seems to do great bass deals for me. Seems like they have a mission to sell those things instead of profiling them. Especially Donnie or Mark.

5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

To continue this happy relationship, you might want to think of a way to thank the Missus!:)

6. Another post like that, and you'll be enjoying Tabcrawler...

7. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Lucky man, Wes!

8. Wes Whitmore

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I got it all cleaned up last night. I used the Fender/Maguir cleaning kit (scratch remover, polish, cleaner). With around 6 coats of each application, this thing has gone to "well used" to practically brand new. I would like to find out the exact year of this thing eventually. If it is from the 88-92 era, you sure couldn't tell it now. This thing is gleeming!
    I couldn't be happier. I was wondering how I was going to gather up enough cash to get a new Euro (I deal with Pat the manager at GC), and it kinda just worked out. I played it tonight through the GK1001 2x10, and it has so much bottom end. It blows my Ibanez EDA900 out of the water when it comes to tone. All of the pedals and processors that I used to try to fix the tone will probably go up for sale now, I guess.
    Thanks fellas,
    Wes

9. :shivers:
    bad memories of hundreds of utterly worthless posts... I'm glad I converted to the light side:p

Pics of this great find?
    gotta love pix...

Glenn

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I want pics :bawl:

:p

11. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK

ouch. dunno what he said but well played mods :)

12. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Ahem, you mean CHRISTmas? Don't forget the original reason for the season. ;)

Congrats also! Sounds like a keeper.

13. Wes Whitmore

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Very true on the Chrismas /xmas thing. I usually try to reference it correctly, and will even more from now on.
    I have some pictures. I will post them shortly.
    Wes

14. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Nope.. sorry. That's not the "original" reason for the season.. Do some checking and you might be surprised by what you find in regards to Christian holidays.. ;)

15. MattFreemanRock

MattFreemanRock

Nov 30, 2002
    I'm glad you love how great it looks. But how does it sound? :confused:

16. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    :D

17. LET US SEEEEEE (i just wanted to post, so when he gets a pic, i can see :hyper:)

- w00t :hyper:

18. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    yeah yeah yeah, but do you really want to see me dancing around in wooden shoes with bags of nuts and fruit, singing in the hollandaisenenenen tongue while remaining rosy cheeked despite the starving puritan children around me?

hehe.

19. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Hmmmmmm.. Well... What are you wearing besides wooden shoes and bags of nuts and fruit???

:eek:

:D ;)

20. RyanHelms

RyanHelms

Sep 20, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    you're so silly.
    :D :rolleyes:

Wasn't there a post around here about somebody getting a Spector?

Nuts and fruit indeed.