No longer available So Rare: ESP Craft House Jaco Replica Jazz Bass PRICE DROP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FilCo, May 18, 2017.

1. FilCo

FilCo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Price:
    $1500
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    This is not one that you see everyday. It is a 1987 build, made in the ESP Craft House in Japan. I am not sure if the relic-ing was done at the factory when it was born, or if it is in fact the natural relic-ing that comes from 30 years of traveling the world. Either way, it looks great. The build quality is fantastic. The Craft House is ESP's equivalent to Fender's Custom Shop master builds. There just aren't many CH basses floating around out there. The couple that I have seen are pretty dated to the 80's, with Horizon style bodies covered in snakeskin. This one, on the other hand, is as timeless as they get.

It is a pretty dead-on Jaco replica. It was obviously fretted, then de-fretted to get the authentic look. The Schaller is likely a replacement that happened somewhere along it's journey. I don't know if anything else is original or a replacement. There is so little information on the old ESP stuff that it is difficult to establish.

The bottom line though is that this bass is cool, rare, very well built, and about half the price of a custom shop.

$1800 NOW $1500 shipped. I always consider trade offers if you want to make one. Please message me with any, or any questions you might have. Thanks! P5170818.JPG P5170817.JPG P5170819.JPG P5170820.JPG P5170821.JPG P5170824.JPG P5170825.JPG P5170829.JPG P5170828.JPG

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    gjohnson441496, ICM, seang15 and 4 others like this.
  2. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Tone Bastards and Zon Guitars
    I have a Craft House bass and it is a taking-to-my-grave bass. The quality of these are insane. It's cool to finally see another one out there that is a more traditional style like mine. Whoever grabs this will be very happy.

FilCo likes this.
  3. Yeah... but how does it sound?

4. Ricardo Sposo

Ricardo Sposo

Nov 27, 2015
    look really amazing, could you send me any video?
    thanks!

5. StevieM

StevieM

May 10, 2016
    Logan, WV
    Very few players in the US know about these older ESP builds. Excellent, excellent build quality, and they play even better. These basses blow the Fenders of this era clean out of the water. I wish it was fretted. Because, I'd be jumpin' all over this. Man, ESP, made some great guitars back in the '80's.

FilCo likes this.
  6. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    is there epoxy on that fingerboard or just wood?

7. FilCo

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Wood, no epoxy.

8. The right buyer hasn't seen this bass yet. I wish I could . This is an awesome price for this era ESP and would be a great player and collector piece.

9. FilCo

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Last call. If you are interested in this and considering making an offer, now is the time.