Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So Ryan 'Nik' Vikedal left NB

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meh.

2. Meh? I think this is pretty big news seeing as Nickelback are one of the biggest rock bands in the world.

3. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
  4. HAHAHA! Seen that before. It's a load of bull****. I foudn the guy who made it and flamed him. He speeded it up, cut a bit out, changed a few chords round, and changed the key. He's a prat who i'd love to punch reallly really hard.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I heard he wants his nickel back too.

brad cook

6. Depends on what circle you run in. This wouldn't even rate a mention with the guys I know. I undestand that this means a lot to you, but you should understand that not everyone cares for this band as much as you do.

Mike

7. So he went ahead and got some sense then? good on him.

8. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    He's only a drummer. What's the big deal. :bag:

9. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  10. I just could never get over the whole "singer lookin like Kenny Loggins with a Goatee" thing.

11. To me, this is about as important as when Creeds bassist quit.

Just another day.

12. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Triple meh..

13. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Oh, I remember that guy. I remember him flipping off the crowd from behind his kit in some video someone posted (may have been here) where a part-indifferent/part-hostile audience was messing with the band and finally someone beaned the frontman (sorry, don't know the dude's name) with a bottle or something, prompting the band to storm off the stage.

14. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Aug 21, 2004
    Onatrio.Canada
    They should take a page out of the Creed book and call it quits. And NOT form another band like Alter Bridge. Man, they're bad.
    Please, Mr. Kroeger no more Nickelback. I've had enough of Nickelback to last a lifetime.

But you know, I'm not a fan, so i guess I'm biased.

peace
    johnny

15. I can't believe what I',m eharing here. Nickelback are one of the best hard rock acts in the world, and they get this kind of disrespect.

16. It was a rock. If i'd been in that audience, i'd have picked up the same rocks they were throwing and rammed it into the thrower's eye. Then stamped on his/her head a few times.

17. Nick, believe it. It's not that big a deal really...so what, we HAVE to like them because they're "huge"?

18. No, but you shouldn't be so damned disrespectful.

19. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Once again, Nick, you illustrate your complete inability to grasp the concept of subjectivity.

brad cook

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.