1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

so sad and mad and glad

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassGirl1122, Nov 10, 2010.

1. well, I get attached easy to basses. The last two basses my bf owned, I own now. One of them was a bday gift to me last year, and it is more special cause it was the bass I first played in a band with.
    Well, he is now going to be the bass player for his band now, cause the other man got fired. He has a beautiful Fender J bass, flame top and I called it Tiger. I got to play that bass several times, when he filled in bass or on karaoke nights. Other ward I got attached to it.
    He really wants a Music Man stingray. He was gonna ask a guy is gonna trade him his Stingray for it. I was all sad :bawl: and depressed. My bf then said that he'd sell it to me cause he'd rather I have it than anyone else. He'd sell it to me for $200. I was going to buy it with birthday money I was gonna get in a couple weeks. The guy said yes he wanted to trade. I was like, I guess I can't buy it now. No. I bawled my eyes out. The J bass is worth way more than $200 but being his gf, he was gonna practically give it to me.
    I told him I will bring my bass to his club for now on, and I won't be playing a stingray. I don't like Stingrays. and this one is ugly too. I sound stubborn and selfish but I grew attached to the Jazz. I don't need another bass, true and I do have to buy my three kids Christmas, so I really don't have the money.
    We got into an argument about it. He said it's his bass, he does what he wants. So I am sad and mad he is selling it but glad he is getting what he wants.
    Sorry I just wanted to vent.
    :crying:

2. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    GAS is a cruel mistress.

Or would that be cruel master for female bassists?