1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

So, say I wanted to do the "ric-o-sound" thing to my CIJ jaguar...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by cdwthunderfoot, Jul 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. cdwthunderfoot

cdwthunderfoot

Nov 29, 2015
    Kenosha Wi
    I'm bouncing around an idea in my head....

Here's what I want to do: Swap out the input jack for a TRS jack, Pull out the preamp, rewire the controls near the upper horn so that the switch activates a "ric o sound" system of sorts where the rollers in the upper horn act a a volume and tone for the bridge pickup with that signal being sent to one one amp, and the main controls still working for the neck pickup witch would be sent to another amp.

Here's the kicker. I want the bass to function as it would if totally stock in passive mode when the "ric o sound" switch is disabled. I want the main controls to be be a master volume and tone with the pickup on/off and series parallel switches fully functional with the trs input acting as a regular TS input.

I know I'd need a trs jack, a Cap for the additional tone circuit, possibly new pots. anything else that i might need?

I'm not afraid to get in there with a soldering iron but how would I need to get it all wired up to work how I want it to?

Lastly, is it even worth the time to attempt it? Or am I just crazy?

Evanforbass likes this.
  2. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth

Jan 2, 2015
    heart of darkness
    I think it would take a witch to pull that off.

You probably can't pull off a TRS jack & a mono output without installing two jacks.

3. Any updates? I’ve been thinking about something similar, pulling the preamp and wiring the rollers as a volume and tone for bridge pup, keeping main controls as v/t for neck. Would love to know if this is possible and /or in any way problematic electronically...