The saga continues. The wife and I are shopping for a new home. I've already posted a thread or two about our (mis)adventures.. But this time we've found one that we like up North, and it's not in a toxic waste zone, nor in a flood zone. In fact it's in the mountains surrounded by 4 acres of forest and field, and that in turn surrounded by state park land. Great! No pesky kids to wander onto my lawn that I'll have to threaten ala Clint Eastwood style. The problem now is radon.... we had it tested and it scored a 9.5 pci/l which I'm told is high. Maybe not horrific, but high. The house currently has no radon remediation system. It's also a well water-served house so the water may also have radon in it. So... just how dangerous is radon and how well do radon remediation systems work? And do I need to worry about glowing gonads?