1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

So, so tired of wrist-pain jokes

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by c-ba55, Nov 13, 2002.

1. So last week I played a lot of bass, some of it through a not-loud-enough amp. I mean, a LOT of bass. And so my wrists are sore. Every single man, woman, and child I mention this to makes a wry allusion to onanism. Oh ha, ha, ha. I'm dying here. You're killing me.

Wankers.

2. sweetpea

sweetpea Guest

Jun 6, 2002
    S'port, LoUiSiAna
    have you tried a parafin dip? They work wonders... yeah yeah... I know... you're a guy... but trust me... they help out a lot... you can buy a kit from walmart for like 50 bucks...(if you don't want to go to a spa :) the kit will last you a long time... it's reasonably cheap for the amount of comfort that it gives... I LOVE mine... :)

That, and drink LOTS of water...

I hope you feel better soon.

3. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Great advice from Sweatpea.

Also, don't forget to stretch -- before and after you play -- extend your wrists in either direction and do some finger pushups with your hands (not down-on-the-floor pushups -- just push your fingertips together and gently flex your fingers).

And keep your wrists as straight as possible when you're playing.