1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

so tell me something

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JacksonsMen, Jan 12, 2008.

1. i was looking at an aural exciter with the big bottom,etc. i was wondering though, what does it do to the sound?

2. SB100

SB100

Dec 21, 2007
    Perth Australia
    It's a psycho-acoustic device that is usually used in recording, broadcast and live (at the mixer (PA end)to enhance the intelligibility of vocals and on the C4 (big bottom) the low end of the mix as well, that is kick drum and lower end bass notes. When properly used it makes vox and the bottom end appear louder than they actually are.

3. so, if ive already got a BBE 482 then its really a redundant thing for me to have

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Inactive

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    It has the ability to make a 10" speaker sound like a clear 15" and it wont over work your 10" in the process.

5. Guiseppe

Guiseppe

Oct 26, 2003
    Vancouver, WA
    It can make a crap PA sound decent, and a decent PA sound like gold.

I run one w/ my rig, and it's amazing what it can do...it CAN change the "color" of your sound, and a little can go an awfully wrong way...a lot can make it CRAZY.

We're running one through our PA, as well.

6. doktorfeelgood

doktorfeelgood layin' it down like pavement

I used a bass Xciter with my rig for every gig for about 4 years. Then I realized I could get a great sound out if my rig without it and sold it on eBay. But I just ordered another one to use with my new 50 watt 1x10 practice rig. Should fatten it up nicely. They do work well. Can be addicting. Once you start to use it and get it tweaked to your sound, you'll find yourself getting nervous over the prospect of having to ever do a gig without it. )-(

7. Racermech

Racermech

Apr 10, 2007
    Personally I have really liked my sonic maximizer for running in my smaller amp for gigs at lower volume. I can get my bass to sound full and deep without running a lot of push through the amp. Keeps people happy when the bass is only run at like 2 or 3 on the master volume knob.

I have found though that at louder volumes, it almost hurts more than it helps. I have seen a trend in my eq where if I am playing quiet, I have my knobs all over the place to get "my tone". Yet, if I get either of my amps really singing on the master volume side, my eq finds its way more to the flat side of the spectrum.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021