Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So the bass babes thread was finally deleted?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Alvaro Martín Gómez A., Dec 19, 2005.

1. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Sorry for asking. I didn't notice that before and I'd like to know why it disappeared in the end. I saw the whole deletion and reliving thing and the decision of making it open for posting both women and men, but just now I see that the thread doesn't exist anymore.

Anyway, I noticed that because I wanted to post a couple of pics for reliving the thread and I don't want to lose my impulse, so...

I proudly present my student, a very talented girl: María Elisa.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    The thread just became to much and needed to go the way of the dinosaurs.

Here is the only thread for female bassist but its not about them being "hot" as in looks:Who's the bad ass female bassist?

3. Que Bonita!

Especially with the red Bongo!

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Easy, you perv! She's 13 if she's a day!

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That's awesome. I love seeing more females pick up a bass. I am friends with a girl that plays guitar, and she can play quite a bit better than I can. It's pretty cool.

6. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

:D Actually, she's 22.

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    She looks like a child! OK, never mind.

8. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    I thought she was 14... she must get IDed all the time.

But now that we know her real age, we can say it: cute!

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Very cool, Alvaro.

I'm sure your student would rather be seen as a "female bassist" than as a "bass babe"...

Does she play in a band?

10. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Betcha five biggun's she'd rather be called a musician than either of those, Blackbird ;).

11. Ray-man

Ray-man Guest

Sep 10, 2005
    She do love sittin' on that cab with the big ol' 15, though....

And in that close-up, she's flippin' us ALL off.

12. KSDbass

KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    atlanta
    22?! she looks like shes like, 13!

13. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    So does she know that her picture is being psted on the internet...........

14. Thats what i thought after reading the first thread . . . and was she fine with you taking pictures of her while she was getting a "lesson" ?

15. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    She's cute...

I woulda said she's 16, but hey...I'm 16, its all good...lol

Oh well, never hurts to have a student that plays a Bongo.

16. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Yes, but she's just left and currently looking for a different thing. She played in a band called "El Trío Sin Nombre" ("The Nameless Trio") in which they played all-original tunes with jazz and rhythm & blues influences. Also plays in an all-girls tropical band, but just because she was asked to do it and she agreed to get some money, but she doesn't like that kind of music. In fact, she's very interested on jazz. In the middle of this year she went to the Capital city (Bogotá) to a jazz clinic offered by a famous school, and there were prizes (scolarships) for the three best students. She won the third prize. As I said, she's very talented and I feel proud because she never played a bass before we started working together. She entered the university to study classical guitar and after one or two semesters she switched to bass. I think that's one of the best decisions of her life. She's very enthusiastic and interested about learning. I hope she'll keep that flame alive and of course I'll try to do my best to help her.

17. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Yes, she was really fine. Actually, we weren't on class. I just invited her to my house to know my new rig and she was testing it when I took the pictures (I just bought a digital camera). For the second one, I told her "Hey, look here. I think you don't want your hair in your face". After taking them, she asked me to send them to her e-mail. Haven't told her about posting the pictures, but I'm going to send her the link to see this thread. She's a very cool girl and I'm completely sure she will like it (and why not? I'm just showing my pride).

18. My last lead singer's daughter plays bass. Don't have a picture of her (which is probably a good thing ), but she's 16 and looks 20+ (6'0", easy. Very tall girl).

I haven't actually heard her play bass but, if she plays bass anything like she can play violin, she's good.

His son plays lead guitar in a local HS punk band. I know, doesn't take much for that. But, the kid has more talent than he's using.

19. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i hope she likes surprises! :eek:

20. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

I know she does. :)