1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So the bi-cut design was abandoned

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by Human Bass, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    I stumbled whit this piece of information on the official G&L site, but i couldnt undestand well the description of the new construction of neck...
    What i really would like to know is if its sound better (less dead spots,more harmonics) and also if it is more stable.

2. saxofunk

saxofunk

Jul 25, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    THE NEWS FLASH

Well, either they abandoned the bi-cut design or they introduced an innovative new truss rod design... depends on how you look at it.

3. quickervicar

quickervicar Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Lancaster, PA
    If G & L is abandoning the Bi-Cut for this new method (which they are justifiably proud of), then that is good enough for me. They wouldn't give that up unless they really thought this was a major step forward.

4. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    I agree, innovation are welcomed 99% of the times.

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I believe my new replacement neck was cut on a new machine.

6. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    My new SB-2 also has the new-style neck, it also has the 6 bolt attachment where SB-2s have had 3 bolts....All i know at the moment is that I am in love! (I just got it in the mail today!)

Karl

7. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    My replacement neck, which I should get in about two weeks, is also the new version. I think truss rod problems like ours were one reason G&L adopted the new neck construction and truss rod design. Let's hope it's an improvement.

8. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

You still didint get that back yet ?

9. Nedmundo

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    That's right. :( Neck number two was #7 when it was supposed to be #8. Then apparently the next neck was improperly installed (details are sketchy), otherwise I would have had it several weeks ago. So the fourth and hopefully final neck is in finishing, and the bass should be shipped out next week. I've come real close to just canceling the order, but then I'd always wonder how much I would have liked the bass, so I'm sticking with it. I'm hoping good things do indeed come to those who wait. And wait...

With G&L's new CNC machines, hopefully neck replacements will be easier now.

10. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    The number 8 neck is the Shizznazz Bling! I hope it's worth the wait for you, i'ts my favorite neck profile of all time.

11. quickervicar

quickervicar Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Lancaster, PA
    Stick it out, Nedmundo. It'll be worth it in the end. Sorry to hear it's taking them so long.

12. Nedmundo

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Thanks. I'm keeping the faith!