so the hunt continues

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassplayer666, Mar 14, 2006.

1. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Personally I'd get the Squier because it has two pickups and I think it looks better. I recently bought the same lefty model you linked to as a backup bass and like it a lot, it seems solid and sounds and plays great.
  2. Johnny5

Mar 5, 2006
    Calgary, Canada
    I can't speak for the Squire, but I'd say the Yamaha (in that finish too). I play the EXACT same one for a lefty, it's great.
    I played guitar for 8 years before switching to bass, and I bought that bass at a pawn shop and it took be all of 5 minutes to decided I wanted it. The neck is really slim at the nut (not quite a Geddy Lee Jazz), it's light, pretty decent tone, attractive finish..
    The only thing I don't like about it is the black control knobs - plastic, kind of cheap. But overall, I think you'll be impressed.
  3. ok. the score is 1-1
    need more opinions :bassist:
  4. fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    My experience tells me that the Yamaha will be of better quality. They had one of those at my high school, and I played in a lot over the course of about two years. Needed a setup badly, but the tone was decent and I liked the neck. It was very sturdy, too, and put up with all the abuse you'd expect a "community" instrument to receive at the hands of a bunch of 14-18 year olds.