1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So the perfect bass would be a jazz bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SchizoBassist, Nov 27, 2010.

1. So the best bass for everything (not necessarily the best bass for metal :bassist:) would be a jazz bass?

What do you think?

2. there is no "perfect" bass. "perfect" is subjective.

3. I would say that the Jazz has the most generic tone. It is the one trick pony, so to speak. I judge all others based on my Jazz.

4. mcm

mcm

Oct 2, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    in short, yes, even for metal. with flats especially

5. tkcthulu

tkcthulu

Nov 15, 2010
    Calgary, AB
    You're asking for it!

6. p bass.

7. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Yep, it is! :D

especially this one
    [​IMG]

:bag:

8. Rocinante_x1

Rocinante_x1 Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Washington State
    I love jazz basses. They're the best in my opinion. But not all would think the same. For some, the p bass isperfect. Fir some a stingray is perfect. In my opinion, the jazz has the widest array of tones.

9. P bass all the way

10. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    I couldn't agree less! :)

11. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Not nearly....but an L-2000?....hmmm :)

12. MHT75

MHT75 Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Richmond,BC
    i don't know ?? ,, pedulla thunderbass is by far the most versatile bass i've heard or played

13. No, that would be a Ric.

14. noahw1

noahw1

Jul 22, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    There's no perfect bass. Everyone has their own idea of the perfect sound and even that changes with time.
    However, I really disagree with the above statement that a jazz has the most generic tone and is a one trick pony. Jazz bass can approximate a p bass (close but not the real thing), can get the burpy bridge tone or full on with both pups at max. Then factor in finger position and you can get even more tones. Pretty versatile bass the jazz but not the perfect bass because there is no "perfect" bass for everyone.

15. Mikio

Mikio

Feb 21, 2009
    Santiago de Chile
    I don't think it's the PERFECT bass, BUT it's the ref for the good ol bass sound (though the P is there too)

16. The P/J Reggie is what I have my eyes one right now.

[​IMG]

Best of EVERY world as I see it if it talks to me, that is.

17. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Brand Identity & Development, GHS Strings, Innovation Double Bass Strings, Rocktron
    Without sounding too elitist, the perfect bass is the one that makes you want to pick it up and play the hell out of it, day after day after day.

18. It's only elitist if it's not a P or J bass.

19. Shame about the dots...

20. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    For those for whom J pups are best suited, yes a J pup equipted bass is best choice. Lol.