so there is a lot of water in my car.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Oct 25, 2005.

1. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    last week with all that rain, i found that my floor in the back seat and under my drivers seat, was soaked.

so i tried to dry it the best way i could. got some towels, damp rid, heat, vacuum'd some of it out and then it got moldy cause i couldnt get it all.

couldnt figure out what caused it. no bad seals around the doors. windows were all up. i was dumbfounded.

so yesterday we got a lot of rain(and will continue the rest of the week). i dropped a friend off at work, and realized that not only was the back seats floor wet, but the front as well. but this time it was the passenger side, and the drivers side was bone dry.

i vacuum'd it all out, put more damp rid, sprayed some lysol.

only thing i can think of is the plugs under the body rotted and nw there is just water flowing in from the rain being kicked up.

anyone else have this problem?
  2. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    sounds like an island car :)

if you can find the holes you might want to try some of that roll-on bedliner stuff - it's not pretty but it stops rust and water, etc.
  3. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    What kind of car is it, and how old, etc?

You could also get water in through the cowl vent in front of the windshield, or somewhere around there and the firewall.
  4. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    94 buick century wagon.

i will know whats the deal later, it is at the mechanic as we speak.
  5. BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Just the floors?
    I have that problem in my Town Car, its a flaw in the design, when it rains too much it gets wet.... Its a '99 Town Car, my pops gets it in his '02 or '03 Town Car too....