Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So this asteroid might be hitting earth in 2014

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BleedsNoMore, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hate to break this to you, but even a candy asteroid at orbital speeds will be catastrophic. As a matter of fact, most asteroids or comets are very loose aggregations of smaller rocks and ices. According to some studies, this would be more damaging than a solid rock of that size.

2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Just play that Bass like there's no tomorrow!

If an asteroid does hit earth, you might be lucky enough to skip a car payment or somethin'.:D

3. bah, wat a bunch of bull fecies!

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Why don't you ask a dinosaur?

.....oh wait, you can't they're extinct because of an asteroid strike off the coast of Mexico 65 million years ago.

Yes, running around yelling "THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!" is pointless and counter-productive, but denying the fact that it not only can but HAS happened - and more than once - is foolhardy.

P.S.: "Feces" has no "i" in it. ;)

5. :(

But I mean, it would be pretty awesome.

I mean, come on.

Come on.

6. Never said it was gonna happen...but it looks like this one probably wont hit ;) But if it does and we both survive, you have permission to slap me :D

7. does our government have a contingency plan for such a thing?

8. Probably not...but once they do, they'll push NASA to think of a plan to try and blow it up or tell us all goodbye!

9. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Note To Self: Take out big ass loan in 2013.

10. For...? Big ass bomb shelter?;)

11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Dude, you know how cool it is gonna be to see all the freaks bitch and moan about bomb shelters and gov't conspiracies? That is gonna be a kick-ass few months.

12. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    For big ass USA neck thru Spector in black/blue and a Mesa rig.;)

13. Then a bomb shelter and generator in case it happens right ;)

14. screw that asteroid, im worried bout this thing...

category 4 hurricane, if it hits us (SC) then ima be poopin my pants. last time we had a cat4 hurricane we were without power and lights for like 5 days and floods and tornadoes and aaaah im scared :(

[​IMG]

15. ugh stupid no linking to pic policies!

well heres a better one (note the L33t photoshoppin :D)

[​IMG]

16. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Yeah, we're watching that one pretty closely, too. Looks pretty scary. We're several (something like 12) years overdue for a major storm. Frederick hit a few years before I was born, but I know power and water were out in some areas for several weeks, and it took years to rebuild the bridge to Dauphin Island.

17. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Gosh darn, I wanted to post that one!!! :mad: :D

18. Hey why dont they got some oil miners up on the asteroid just like on armageddon...im sure that would work...

I wanna know in all end of the would movies why does america always have to save the day...why can it be the aussies :D

19. What I don't get from this theory is why so many other species have survived? Some reptilian species are even older than the dinos!?!