So this is why all the cool kids are gettin camera phones...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tyler Hole, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So this is what I'm missing out on eh? Damn shame.
  2. ****ing ozzies.. typical of them ain't it?

oh wait.. :D
  3. So is that how you earned that sig? :p
  4. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    I just find it amusing that there are places named Coogee and Wagga Wagga. Are people from Wagga Wagga called Wagga Wagons?
  5. Nah we just call them idiots. :D
  6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    People have also been caught taking upskirt pics with them.
  7. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    someone did that to me on the subway!!!! :mad:

i got really mad and started screaming at him. the other passangers thought i was attacking him, but when i explained what happened they shouted at him too :hyper:

i wanted to smash his stupid phone but i was advised not to.
  8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    If I was there I would have. Even if I was a random bystander who didnt know you.

Really, what would/could he do?

"Officer! Officer! This girl smashed my phone because Im a perv who took some upskirt pics of without her consent!"
  9. suicas

Mar 12, 2004
    All phones have been banned from quite a few changing rooms in the UK too....
  10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I agree - although, if I was being more thoughtful, I would probably "impound" the phone and hand it over to the nearest police officer or police station, with an explanation and a strong suggestion they prosecute !!
  11. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    There also used to bust cheating mates. A friend of your mate/spouse sees you out, and click! Busted!
  12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im sure a lot would just tell him to delete it and give it back. :(
  13. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    +1, just what I was thinking. Or get his name and Cell Phone provider and tell them if they don't cancel his account and black list him you will bring them into court too. It'd take a sharp lawyer to pull it off, but the negative publicity will make them thin about offering camera phones, which are the lamest invention in the world IMO.
  14. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    yeah i really should have taken his phone :meh:
    although i wouldn't have bothered to take it to the police station.
    the service provider probably would have blamed the phone makers who would have blamed the guy etc.
    prosecuting would have been an expensive waste of time i guess.

i wish i had smashed his phone up though.
    i didn't feel seriously violated or anything, i was just damn angry.

people make a joke out of it, but as someone who's had to deal with a more serious kind of abuse in the past, i don't think it's funny at all :meh:

what if someone was taking upskirt/revealing pictures of your daughter or son without their knowledge and then jerking off to them and posting them all over the internet.
  15. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    There was a sign on the locker room door at the gym I used to be a member of that said "No camera phones allowed."

I can't imagine someone getting their kicks off of that though..."Hey! Look at this sweaty old guy's nuts. Aren't they sexy?!!"

brad cook
  16. Yes he was a perve, but smashing his phone isn't the right way to go about it. What if you;d smashed his phone, and he'd gone ape ****?
  17. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    "if ya make your bed, ya gotta lay in it"
  18. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too

yeah your right Joe, i should be on egg shells and all... no?

my apologies if my post didn't show enough empathy. sorry to derail Ty.

I'm gonna go practice at appealing to everyone.
  19. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    You're totally ignorant of this situation. No its not okay, at all, in any way. As a 15 year old still forming sexually and emotionally you cannot possibly understand or comment upon what is right and wrong in this situation.

You are wrong. You can scream at me until you're blue in the face about how she deserved it and you'll still be wrong.

If you really want to talk about traditional gender roles, then lets go for it; at the end you'll still be wrong. Just like the guys who use any media to record of women when those women dont want recording, or haven't explicitly stated that they dont mind.

Upskirt shots with a camera-phone are not ok - they are a violation of the woman.
  20. I never said they weren't, but it's makin it more obvious to perverts if you wear an uber short skirt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.