Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So today is my 9th year anniversary...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Jul 6, 2005.

1. And I'm really unsure what it means other than in 12 more years we're legal to go out drinking together. (badoom ching)

So what is the traditional 9th anniversary gift? Is it the corrugated potato puff year, or is it the styrofoam year? I just don't know...I suppose the easy way is to Google it...

I got a nice card and I'm sure dinner OUT tonite is in order, but it would be nice to go to a show or something.... maybe going to see "war of the worlds" is in order...but that's too close to home.

I'm kidding. Again with the bad humor.

Ron

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Congrats Mon! My 12 year is coming up (and it only seems like 112!)

3. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Congrats!!! We had our 9th anniversary just this past May too. We've both never been into the "traditional" gifts of the season (I've never bought her a diamond, her engagement ring is a custom cut Tsavorite heart shaped ring, Tsavorite being technically her birthstone (garnet) and her favorite color (green) and she was completely thrilled) so I'd say skip the tradition and go for something undeniably (is that even close to the right way to spell that) personal.

4. Thanks guys...yeah, I'm not so much into trad. gifts either... but I also have no clue as to what to go for, and I've been sly about hinting for months. Oh well.

Ultimately it doesn't matter at all, I just like doing something...

5. LajoieT

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    What are her favorites of things? Colors, foods, flavors, collectables, hobbies, pastimes? list some of the things she likes and maybe we can give you some ideas?

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I bet she'd REALLY like a Sadowsky!

(Remember when Homer bought Marge a bowling ball?) :)

7. Eh, naw that's cool...there's a little "curiosity shop" down the road from my house that she loves, and oftentimes I walk in there for inspiration....

Lately she's all about the house and the kids. I've tried to get her to be more about her interests you know? A hobby of some kind, but she works such ridiculous hours that by the end of the day she's toast....

I'm sure I'll figger it out, but appreciate the offer just the same. Thanks.

Mon

8. DUDE! I totally thought of that going in. I love that episode.

9. i know you said you will figure it out and such but just throwing it out there you say by the end of the day she is toast why not go for the old day at the spa thing anyway congrats man!

10. I was thinking along those lines because she never really "pampers" herself....good call. I'd have to ask around the local boards to see where the hot-spots are....

Thanks again guys.

11. LajoieT

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I was thinking the same thing.

12. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    congrats, Mon!

:)

13. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    As I recall, Marge met a charming bowler who used the gift to almost get her in the sack... what this tells me is that if he does get her a Sadowsky, Munjibunga will start hitting on his wife. :D

14. Congratulations Mon!

You know what chicks really dig for anniversaries? Buy them pots and pans and then take away all their shoes, so they don't have to do any of that "leaving the house" crap.

They like that.

15. LOL! That is so WRONG! Ha! Oh, she'd prolly love it "oh, I don't have to go to work now? I could stand a day off... :D "

I ended up getting her a spa package at a REAL nice spa in Bawston. Hair, nails, massage.... funny, I'd never done that.

16. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    and a Sadowsky?

17. Well, I got a bass player mag yesterday, and lo and behold, on page 67, there IS a picture of a Sadowsky...so yes. Close enough for my reality. :smug:

18. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Nice to meet you! I live in the same reality!

19. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    As my wife likes to say

"We've been married 15 years, feels like 15 minutes ... underwater"

Mike

20. I just keep telling myself "eh, they're not that nice"... :smug: