Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

so two weeks ago i bought an MIA p-bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Sep 10, 2004.

1. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    that was a wall model at guitar center. dude told me if i was un happy with it, i can take it back within a month.

so i played two gigs and i was cleaning my bass at lunch time and i realized there was 2 dings, some surface scratches, and one peice on the back thats like an inch wide that looks like someone whacked the surface with something and its almost chipping off, tho its not chipping, it will probably if it stays that way.

so offcourse, i know i didnt put any marks on it, hell my bass of 4 years doesnt even have any scratches on it. so i called guitar center, and the dude told me no problem, when we get one in, i'll swap it for you, and even throw in a set of strings.

score. hopefully he calls me back tonight and says one came in.

2. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    god i dont know where you bought it but i was stuck with a warwick thumb after givin it buckle rash.... which i later sold for very little in exchange for my manson.... but your one lucky fellow

3. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i got it at guitar center aka gc. um, all the marks had to have been on it, and since its a wall model, they tell you when you buy it that if arent happy, we will call you when we get one in and you can swap it out.

4. fresnorich

fresnorich

Sep 17, 2003
    Fresno, CA
    Didn't you look it over before you took it home? How many days did you have it before you noticed?

I'd say you're lucky. I doubt my local GC would give me the same treatment.

5. My local GC takes back all kinds of semi-used gear. I think that partly explains the poor condition of some of the basses that are on the floor.

6. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    Sorry
    we dont have gc over here..... ah blessid be the under privaledged

7. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    yeah, they close them out, but **** it, if im going to get a brand new one, im going to take the brand new one, you know?

yes i did look it over, but at the time, the finish wasnt my largest concern, because they told me if i was un happy with it, i can return it no questions asked for a swap on a brand new one, s at the time, it didnt bother me. i have had it since the 28th of august.

8. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i think all guitar centers have a 30 day, no questions asked returns. and especially since it was a floor model and all. im very lucky/happy. i just wish i could get the new one now!

9. Yeah, I'd definitely take the new one too. Have fun!

10. Just make sure that the new bass plays as well or better than the old one. No 2 basses are created equal.

11. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    I once bought a used Warwick Streamer LX5 off the wall of the Hollywood GC while out there on a trip. I brought it back to Virginia, only to open up the truss compartment to find the nut stripped.

I took it to the GC in Fairfax and while it took some time on the phone, they accepted it in return.

12. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    That's how I understand it, too.

Oh yeah, congrats on the P-Bass!

13. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    yeah i told the dude straight up, if i wanted a guitar with scratches i would bought a used one, but i didnt, so, hopefully itll be sometime this week. tho i hear fender is on b/o. ugh.