Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So uhh... yeah... I went into Hot Topic Today

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Till, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    And had to leave about two minutes after I got in there. The place makes me sick, there was this kid who's job it was to go around and sell me a bunch of anarchy. With his crazy green hair and spikey everything he said, "Hi welcome to Hot Topic." I just gave my standard slight wave and a monotone, "hey."

I walked around looking for a hat, all I wanted was a non sports, perhaps band, hat. All I wanted was a hat. But they all either said, "SliPkNot", "hORrAY 4 AnArCHY" and a bunch of "Down with corperation" **** that I might think was cool, but considering Hot Topic is a chain of stores... ugh.

I looked at the hats and just turn around and got the hell out of there. Well... at least I prefer Hot Topic to Abercrombie and Fitch... ugh, I have major issues with them. But that's a different thread all together.

2. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    Ya, Hot Topic used to be awsome.

I think once the osbournes went on the air, hot topic went downhill.

They just don't have anything good anymore... No Social Distortion goodies, no good metallica shirts, the rare tool shirt, no good stickers...

GAH!

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i just got a cool ass west coast choppers shirt and a monster garage shirt from there. i'm down with hot topic. i like checking out those freaky girlies that work there :D

4. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Have you been taking punning lessons from Thrash Jazz?!? :D

I admit to liking some of the non music stuff they carry - campy cartoon and retro-cool stuff, McPackaged though it may be. Last Christmas I bought some gifts there and was feeling kinda the same way as you, Matt. So for grins I decided to leave the credit card in the wallet and write a check, made out to 'Hot Pocket.' The clerk didn't catch it and the bank cleared the check... :rolleyes: :D

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hahaha... Hot Pocket... that's good.

Speaking of, I'm hungry... I wonder if I have any hot pockets left...

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001

:p :p :rolleyes:

7. i go there with my friend sometime to annoy the people in there. i always hold up spagetti-strap girls' shirts, and panties, to myself and ask people how i look. heh heh.

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I find that pretty ironic, myself....

9. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    your brother's halloween pic comes to mind...

:eek:

(or :bassist: if you liked it...)

:eek:

10. HAHAHA! man, that's still so funny. but at the same time, just so wrong.

11. www.angryyoungandpoor.com has come cool stuff, though a bunch of it's really overpriced.

Aside from that, most of my clothes come from Bob's (pants, underwear and socks) and my shirts are ordered directly from record labels or I get them at shows.

www.unamerican.com has the coolest stickers, shirts, coffee mugs and pins in the world.

nice guy too.

Only thing I've ever seen from hot topic is a checkered tie, which I really want, but have yet to see again...jerks.

12. right now i'm wearing jeans and an "ultimate warrior" t-shirt. both from Building #19 (the shirt is several years old). that's wear i get most of my clothes. i get shoes at Bob's, and jeans now and then, but the pants are all usually forty bucks, as opposed to the eight dollar pants i'm used to.

13. whats wrong with slipknot?

14. actually, to be honest, i think i have more of a problem with slipknot-FANS than with the band itself. i mean, i'm still not too fond of them, but the slipknot-kids really make me angry.

16. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
  17. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    my thought exactly...

that's why everyone should click on the link above and see for themselves

18. I don't like that store very much. In high school these kids would go and buy band shirts, but would never have listened to the band, let alone ever been to a concert. The people that work there are normally pretty freaky as well.

jtbp