1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

So what are the stock strings on the VM Jazz?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Bjazzman, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    I've heard mixed things about what the stock strings are on the squier vm jazz. I actually like everything about this bass unchanged and i want to get new strings that are a close match with the stock ones. The website says its 7250ml's but those are black wrapped. Are these nickel or stainless stock strings? Which string would get me there?

2. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    at the very least, does anyone know if they are stainless or nickel?

3. tapp01

tapp01

Apr 10, 2008
    Wilmington, NC
  4. tapp01

tapp01

Apr 10, 2008
    Wilmington, NC
    Definitely nickel. Nice and warm. Mmmmmmmmm.

5. Mine have the red wrap. I don't know if they're nickel or steel.

6. tindrum

tindrum

May 2, 2007
    Virginia Beach
    Red wrap on my VM fretless as well. They are nickles without a doubt. Mine lasted a very long time before I had to finally change them.

7. stainless i think

if you liked those, get some DR hi-beams, the squiers are nice but the DR's are FAR superior and kept their tone a lot longer than those squiers did. :D

8. srptopdog

srptopdog Greyhounds make good sound engineers - Big Ears!

Feb 24, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    Yeah, the strings on my VMJB sounded pretty good, but I am a DR guy as well. I put a set of High Beams on, and my bass sound went up a notch or two for sure. It's really singing now. Yes, the DRs do keep their tone a long time. Better feel for me as well.