So, what do you think about all these Ghost shows?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by capnsandwich, May 18, 2012.

1. I like to watch Ghost Hunters and I just finished an episode of Ghost Adventures but there's still this thing in my brain that tells me it's fake. I think it's an interesting field and is kind of fun to watch but after all, it is TV and I have a hard time believing anything on TV anymore.

So, what's the overall consensus on these boards?

2. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Dude, no way...did you see that?

3. VitalSigns

VitalSigns

May 8, 2011
    Central NY
    I think ghost adventures is faked sometimes. But Zach's a giant douche and the fat guys a puss. Makes for a funny show. :D

4. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I like Ghost Hunters and GHI but I can't get into others. I keep an open mind. There's so much we don't know that I think it would be ignorant to discount the possibility that once our bodies go kaput, so does everything else.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Nitwits on parade.

6. Ghosts? nope!....bad and boring television by desperate producers et al.......yep! Wow, I sound cynical....:cool:

7. Batmensch

Batmensch

Jul 4, 2010
    Media, PA.
    From all I've seen it's just that, a bunch of nitwits overreacting to "bumps in the night" and reading things into situatons that just aren't there. It always comes across to me as "I can't explain this particular phenomenon, so it must be ghosts."

8. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    Some people pay to watch, some people get paid to film nothing and collect money

9. Ghosts sit around the campfire and tell Chuck Norris stories.

10. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's

TOTALLY FAKE and annoying and designed to exploit fears in people. Total scripted crap like nearly all "reality" shows.

11. Chef FourString

Chef FourString

Feb 4, 2011
    Texas
    The energy they "chase" is real, by all means but it is tv. Tv will do anything to be on tv. I always remind myself, even watching history, science, animal planet and all the other educational programing, that its still a money making business. This goes specificly for shows like ghost hunters, you just can't trust'em.

12. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Those guys are the poster children for what roid rage channelled into the absurd looks like. Zack is the biggest douche ever right down to his absurd haircut. That show is best treated as a drinking game

As in take a shot every time someone says "static night vision camera". You'll be unconscious by the second commercial break.

13. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    "Dude bro dude did you see that dude?! Bro did you see that dude!? Bro bro bro dude dude dude no way I cannot believe it dude bro...." Never been a fan of the shows.

14. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    No, actually that honor goes to Joey Greco, but it's a close race.

15. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I used to watch Ghost Hunters, but got out of it a few years ago. I think Ghost Adventurers is pure crap, but GH is pretty honest, though it's reality tv so it's not 100%. I was reading a story about Donna from GH talking about how badly she was treated before she left the show and basically how GH is full of crap, but she sounds more like she's bitter than anything else.

16. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Well, unenlightened at least.

17. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    +1

18. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    i believe in ghosts and i have seen a Sasquatch, but these shows are just done all wrong! you don't find anomolies,.. they find you if you're lucky.

if these shows want merit, then cease with the stupid sound effects.

19. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    The insult to my intelligence actually gives me headaches. I wish those shows and the alien history crap would get pulled off the air, so people would stop talking nonsense after watching them.

South Park nailed it with the History Channel/Thor/Thanksgiving episode.

20. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

As it happens, I spent a night last weekend in the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado which was the site of one of the GH episodes. It was also the inspiration for the book The Shining and the site where the Stephen King Miniseries was filmed.

Some fairly well documented things have happened there, a few of which can be observed in photos. Personally, I'm on the fence about this stuff, but I enjoy interesting stories. I took the ghost tour with my family and enjoyed it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stanley_Hotel

stanley-hotel.jpg

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021