So, what effect do you find yourself using the most?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tedintheshed, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Pre-amp/DI style pedals aside, what Pedals do you find yourself stompin on the most? I am trying to get into the vibe of using some stomp boxes, especially for originsals. I have an MXR M-80 Bass DI+ that I am using for a modern distortion and lately scored a vintage Morley PWB Wah pedal. I'll probably get a Big Muff pi too.

After that- I am not sure, so I am asking you...from a practical standpoint, what do you use?

2. E.O.M.

Dec 7, 2001
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Out of distortion, chorus, phaser, overdrive, wah, and delay, I probably have the chorus on more than the others.
  3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    hmmm. probably my overdrive, with chorus a close second.
  4. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    For the country duo-BVAP (acoustic bass setting)
    For the Garage band-Moog MuRF 105
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Big Muff Pi and a Morley Wah.
  6. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Envelope filter and Octaver - from my Rack :)
  7. Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    My effects chain: P Bass -> Sansamp Driver -> Compressor -> EQ Pedal -> Noise Reduction -> Tuner
  8. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    1). Compression

2). Overdrive

3). Modulation
  9. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
  10. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Volume pedal. I'm always adjusting my volume.
  11. On my ME-50B 1/4 of the songs get a Bass Driver mild orverdrive boost and 2-3 of the songs get a T-Wah from start to finish of the song.

I'm also running a bit of compression throughout.
  12. right now, since i'm just hanging around at college w/o a band (for now), i've been constantly playing with my RC-20, and i've been gewtting a tad experimental and plugging in any combo of DOD FX25, ODB-3 or sabine Fuzztortion for a loop or two...
  13. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Line 6 DL-4

I am a delay junkie...

14. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    1. Distortion
    2. Wah

I think I will be getting the MXR DI + in the near future. Hey, Tedintheshed, does the blend knob get rid of really trebly distortion?

Graeme :bassist:
  15. thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    the Overdrive from my IOD, sometimes make it into more of a fuzz

hard knee compression.
  16. E.O.M.

Dec 7, 2001
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I have the M80. All the blend knob does is blend the clean bass signal with the dirty bass signal. However, a lower gain setting can get rid of really trebly distortion, I've found (adjust the blend to taste).
  17. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    a teeny bit of od from my sans amp bddi
    a teeny bit of hard knee compression to save my speakers when i crank my full on rack
    i love chorus but IME the bass tends to "dissappear" into the guitar and keys when you use it too much.
  18. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    the envelope filter + sub octave setting on my digitech synth wah. that thing can be really nasty. i also use an FX25B for smoother filter sounds quite a bit.
  19. E.O.M.

Dec 7, 2001
    Grand Rapids, MI
    This is why I love the Low Filter knob on the Boss CEB-3. If I feel that the chorus is taking away from the bass, I can roll the filter so the chorus only effects the higher frequencies. It's actually quite effective.
  20. Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    I'm quite interested in chorus, I will check out the CEB 3. Sound's like a good effect to have.