1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So, what exactly is this bass ???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by -MattMacLennan, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Fellow TB'ers, i call upon you to help me out on this one. its been bugging me for a long ass time, and i hope one of you can identify this bass for me.

Has anybody seen the video of Necrophagist where Muhammad is using a Vigier Marilyn and their bassist is using a 6 string jazz bass. This bass has a maple fretboard, a really bitchin' quilted top and what looks like to me the perfect interpretation of what a 6 string jazz bass should be.

now, i KNOW fender didnt pull this one out of their asses .. its way too unique. and INTERESTING! so, who created this?

i assumed it was most likely a job done by some random luthier that i would be able to joke about how expensive the damn thing is.

So, any help? here is the link incase you havent seen this.

:bassist:

2. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    Not a Fender, but here's the screen shot, just in case anyone can ID it:

Mysterybass.

3. nobes

nobes

Feb 14, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Edit, never mind, Jauqo for the win.

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
  5. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
  6. Thanks guys.
    really, i want to invest in something like that .. i love the tone he gets from it.