Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So, what good bands are touring right now?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matt Till, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Monster Magnet has some dates up, and they are cheap. I'm also thinking of seeing Nightwish.

Anyone else got some decent shows lined up? Anyone they wish they could see?

2. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Well next show Im going to make it too is the Austin City Limits Festival, but that doesnt apply to everyone obviously as there is only one, and its in Texas hehe.

3. Sonic Youth is touring. I've got tix to see them on the 15th in boston.

4. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    All of these guys have Northeast dates lined up. Guaranteed unbelievable performances:

Mike Stern.....Lincoln Goines or Richard Bona will be on bass, a treat either way.

Dave Holland with a SICK lineup as usual.

Robben Ford....not sure who's on bass, but Robben hires no slouches.

5. Only thing I can afford right now is Rush, which should be excellent as usual.

On the want to go but can't afford list, there's Alice Cooper, Ozzfest, and many many others.

6. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Velvet Revolver
    I want to see them so bad.

7. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I thought that Velvet Revolver cancelled thier tour. Ehh...it's probably wrong.

8. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada

I couldn't get tickets anyway.

I can't wait till Our Lady Peace starts to tour again. I am paying the high priced tickets to see that one :hyper:

9. Two friends and I just took a road trip to Pittsburgh this past weekend (Sun-Mon) for a They Might Be Giants show. Great concert as always...Matt, you should've started this thread a few days ago; you could've found out about the show beforehand, as it was apparently pretty close to you :hyper:

10. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Rush is out (I know someone already said that, but it bears repeating).

Dream Theater is touring with Yes, which is a show that should just about cover the entire history of progressive rock.

Killswitch Engage is out, but they might be overseas.

11. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    The Queers and the Slackers are doing quick east coast tours before heading to Europe.

Mu330's touring the midwest and bread-basket states.

12. Reverend Horton Heat

their bassist grew up near me, or so i've heard :bassist:

13. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Has anybody caught an Alice Cooper show recently? I just checked out their site, and they'll be not too far from me next week...I'm just wondering if it would be worth an hour and a half drive to check 'em out.

14. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA

They Might Be Giants??? They are still around?

Always wanted to see them.

15. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

The Cure has just kicked off their "Curiosa" tour with several other bands including Interpol.

16. Try to catch Stockholm Syndrome for some good old rock and roll. This is a new band that has Dave Schools (the bassist from Widepread Panic) in it. Jerry Joseph is a great songwriter and Eric McFadden wails on the gettar.

Cool band name too.

17. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Prince is touring with Rhonda Smith on bass, Maceo Parker on trumpet and Candi Dulfer on sax.

Peace,

James

18. I saw them about 3 months ago, I was about 3 feet from Jimbo at all times. And about 6 inches from the PA's main right side.

They rule live.

19. Yeah , I was up in Michigan earlier this month and saw them , and let me just say that Alice hasnt lost it . He was owning the stage. Badass show , Highly reccomend it.

Id like to see YES, but i prolly wont be able too, and My Morning Jacket are touring, I might go see them in New Orleans, I dunno. On Sept 5th im goin to see Van Halen , which I hope is pretty awesome.

20. wish i could see g3..but i did see steve vai monday night...mmmmmmmmmmmmm...vai