Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So What - Intro help plz

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by geoff, Dec 11, 2001.

1. geoff

geoff

Nov 5, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hi. I'm a self-taught bassist, who mostly plays electric, but dabbles on standup and with jazz. A friend once showed me the into line for "So What" and now I need to play it this coming weekend but can't remember it. Any chance any of you have th etranscription of this line handy? I'd normally work on something like this myself to improve my own listening skills, but I need it in a hurry.

Thanks in advace!

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I don't have a transcription, but as I recall it follows the same chord structure as the rest of the song. A = 8 bars Dmin. B = 8 bars Ebmin. (AABA).

3. Sam Sherry

Sam Sherry Inadvertent Microtonalist Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Euphonic Audio "Player"
  4. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Oh yeah, he may be talking about the head, huh? I figured you meant the little deal that Bud Powell and Paul Chambers play before the head.

5. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Bud Powell, Bill Evans.

i'm stressed!!! cut me some slack!!!

i'm going to go lie down now

6. There was a thread devoted to this a year (?) ago. Do a search. The notes are named in the posts. The subject was across vs. up and down, I think.

7. geoff

geoff

Nov 5, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey, thx all. I looked up and found that post. And besides the usefull notes, that entire thread looks like some good reading, I'll make sure and check the whole thing out.

Also, that online realbook works great.