1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So... What now?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by MVACCARO, Nov 7, 2018.

1. MVACCARO

MVACCARO

Dec 15, 2013
    NC
    Ok so I've been playing a lot on my Ray4 and I noticed yesterday I was getting all kinds of buzz that I didn't before and then I noticed the strings on my bridge didn't look right. So if I put new on here will the buzz go away 20181107_192329.

2. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    seems we couldn't notice what you had noticed as the strings didn't look right :confused:

3. RyanOh

RyanOh Gold Supporting Member

You might need more relief in the neck, a seasonal truss rod adjustment.
    Getting fret buzz all over the place with no explanation would be a neck issue, and I agree with Aidil that bridge looks ok.

I'd try 1/8 turn left loosen the truss rod, on the neck heel wheel, turn counter-clockwise.
    Do a 1/8 turn and wait an hour, let it adjust and see if it needs more. It won't need much.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    Eric DK likes this.
  4. RobTheRiot

RobTheRiot

Aug 31, 2016
    las Vegas, nv
    Ive just stared at it a few minutes and don’t know what you’re seeing...
    (Although I’m sure there’s a good chance that once it’s pointed out I’ll have a “doh!” moment...)

Please elaborate...

5. MVACCARO

MVACCARO

Dec 15, 2013
    NC
    Ok thanks for the tip on the neck and what I noticed on the bridge is my E A and D strings look like they are coming undone at the base of the bridge

6. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

they look fine/normal: i think you just didn't notice those wraps/terminations before you got excited about the string buzz.
    00 images2b3.

RobTheRiot and 4 Strings Good like this.
  7. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    You don't need to wait in between adjustments. Modern instruments are not balsa wood, so tweak until it is right to you. Just do it in little increments.

Vintage instruments, though (i.e. 50's Fenders or old Rics)...yes, maybe wait between adjustments with them.

8. MVACCARO

MVACCARO

Dec 15, 2013
    NC
    ok so I will definitely be adjusting the truss rod
    Your probably right I never noticed it before

JRA likes this.
  9. MVACCARO

MVACCARO

Dec 15, 2013
    NC
    Ok so now that I'm off work i went and gave it a total of about a 1/4 turn and no more buzz thanks for all your help

JRA, RobTheRiot, ak56 and 2 others like this.
  10. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Truss rod adjust. My neck has gone concave a lot
    in the past week due to weather changes and heating season started.