1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So what were you going to buy this Black Friday, before life happened??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by pglaser01, Nov 25, 2017.

1. pglaser01

pglaser01

Mar 19, 2013
    St. Louis, MO
    If only I were that good....
    I'm sure I'm not alone!!

What were you looking forward to purchasing this Black Friday? But then couldn't because....ya know....S**T happens.

I was planning on getting a micro head, probably GK MB200 or Ampeg PF350, as a back up while my combo is awaiting a new speaker to be delivered.

Alas.....now a new hot water heater is priority #1, which just so happened to replace the previous #1 of roof problems!

Yay adulthood!!!! You've screwed me over again!!!

So I'm looking for comfort I'm not the only one here???? Please lol??

Son of Wobble likes this.
  2. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010

Stop reading my mail.

3. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010

Let's just pretend it's an Ampeg stack, and take turns drooling over it.

Allow me to go first:

Personally, I love how the mint control guard sets off the grey lacquer!
    rheem-natural-gas-water-heaters-xg40t06ec36u0-64_1000.

Oddly and S-Bigbottom like this.
  4. This is why you'll see me recommending everyone have at least 6 months worth of emergency funds in the bank.

We usually go browse a few stores around noon & I picked up a MicroSD card, not remembering what the class is of the one in my phone.

Well, I ended up returning it, because the class of chip I have in my phone is already a higher class than the one I bought, and the same capacity as well.

My B.F. gift to myself was getting that much closer to mastering the D & E chord changes on "Rebel Rebel".
    I might be a guitar player by February, at this pace...

Now I just need a RIC guitar!

5. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Hillsdale, Portland
    Not much. I have too many unused toys to get some more. My 6 string hasn’t been out of its coffin in months, wireless sits in a box, etc.

By the way, I took a pledge of sorts last year to buy used whenever possible, not like toothbrushes but def equipment. There’s more than enough previously bought stuff in the world, even right here in River City, so it’s CL for me most often. I know it’s practically unAmerican

6. I'm thinking of starting to troll CL & FB for deals on instruments & amps, just to have a revolving door of equipment that won't cost me an arm & a leg.
    I finally realized I have a bit of bliss with gear shopping, more so than practicing, LOL!

(Oh dear, there's a Fender Princeton Reverb on there for cheap :wideyed:)

pglaser01 likes this.
  7. pglaser01

pglaser01

Mar 19, 2013
    St. Louis, MO
    Oh yeah completely agree and we've got it all covered no problem lol.

But as a true weekend warrior (and that whole pesky 2 kids under the age of 3 thing)....these scenarios always seem to say, "you REALLY sure you need that new toy??" and, "your wife will have more than a few eye rolls now"

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  8. pglaser01

pglaser01

Mar 19, 2013
    St. Louis, MO
    Buddy just got one of those two weeks ago...loves it more than his twin reverb...

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  9. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Lost Wages, Nevada
    Eastwood-Guitars_SidejackBass32_MetallicBlue_Right-hand_Full-front_1024x. Well, I was thinking semi-seriously about a lefty version of this Eastwood Sidejack 32 bass. It would be my first medium scale bass; my first blue one; and my Christmas present to myself. However... the Nevada DMV decided I needed to renew my truck's license plates, instead - to the tune of $620. Nevada doesn't have a state income tax because they don't need one. Even the plates on my 13-year old motorcycle cost $100/year. OK, rant over.. Anyway, guess my Christmas present will have to be being able to drive my truck - the one that sits in my garage for weeks on end - legally for another year. I've started a License Plate Fund envelope in my desk, so this won't happen again; and the Sidejack? Maybe for my Birthday... I do have emergency funds (almost enough to pay my house off, in fact), but I don't consider indulging myself with what would be Bass #25 an emergency....:whistle: