So what's all this I hear about Half-Life 2 ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by geshel, Apr 23, 2003.

1. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I don't know...what IS all this you hear about half-life 2?
  3. Day of Defeat(DoD) it,I'll own you!

(half/life mod)

ok,ok...I'll stop:rolleyes:

4. There's a huge article about it in this month's PC Gamer. I don't have mine yet. There are scans online. It looks really impressive. They've been working on it since the original Half Life came out. And it's release date is Sept 30, 2003.

It's got really purdy graphics and the physics modeling is much beyond anything I've heard of in a FPS before. Go check out the PCGamer article.
  5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

That'll be the day I upgrade. I've been running a P2/400MHz for years now... hey, bass GAS has had priority over PC GAS (been doing most gaming on Xbox).
  7. Its gonna be AWESOME! I read the PC Gamer artice and man, Its definately gonna be 10x better than the original. Ill be the first person to buy it ;)
  8. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    eric, weren't u suposed to be taking a break from TB?

9. Yea, But I got my modem at home fixed (well got a new one). So looks like im gonna be sticking around a bit longer ; )
  10. IAMERICCOCHRANE, your back!!!
  11. What with Doom3 and all, everybody in FPS is going realisitic lighting and involved physics models. That's gotta be a good thing.

I wonder if somebody will retool Counterstrike for the new engine.
  12. I just want Duke Nukem forever and Team Fortress 2, They have been in production for like 4 years. I WANT MY DUKE NUKEM DAMNIT!!!
  13. Everyone knows theres just gotta be CS2 and DoD2 in the works...
  14. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
  15. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    oh and there will be a CS2
  16. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Am definitely interested in this! I played Half Life to death when it first came out, although I never completed it :( - I got to the alien world, but that was it - I don't have the time to go back to it - anybody want to tell me how it ends?

I haven't paid that much attention to PC games for a couple of years now. I remember a FPS game that had been in development for years called Daikatana (spelled something like that) - it was being developed by one the guys who did Quake, and involved a time-travel plot. Did it ever come out, or does anyone know what happened to the project and developer?
  17. Wow, I got it and two days later it was finished. I couldn't seem to stop...

It finishes in a big low gravity room with a huge momma of a thing which looks vaguely like a cross between a dead baby after an autopsy and Angry Anderson - with fireballs and stuff, too.

You do some things and then shoot him up, and his extra large head splits open to reveal the brain. Which you then shoot up.

I thought so. I know about the single-player sequel, but a brand-new engine ought to improve things.

I'll go and look that up.
  18. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Yeah, that was John Romero and Stevie Case's thing. I never played it, but I heard it was a big disappointment. They've since started MonkeyStone, which makes games for handhelds, I think.
  19. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I'm getting annoyed by MOO3, which is probably the last new game I'll be able to play on my rickety old P2-400. But I just got the Castle Wolfenstein demo disc for Xbox, and that should hold me until the full version is released next month, and hopefully *that* will hold me until Doom3/HL2 (whichever comes first).

Just remembered: Halo 2 should be very cool, but due to the limitations of the Xbox hardware it probably won't compare to Doom3/HL2.