So what's new, Ampeg?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by High Camp, Sep 25, 2017.

Tags:

What will Ampeg launch next?

Poll closed Oct 25, 2017.
  1. Heritage category: the Heritage SVT-610HLF cab

6 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Classic section: an SVT-210HLF cab

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  3. Classic section: an 200 watts all tube SVT head (an inbetweeny)

15 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. Portaflex dept: a PF-200T head

14 vote(s)
    14.7%
  5. Pedals category: a D.I. with a tube

14 vote(s)
    14.7%
  6. Pro Neo Series: a PN-212HLF cab

6 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. SVT Pro Series: a 200 watts all tube power amp

6 vote(s)
    6.3%
  8. Bassamp (BA) Series: a 210 extension cabinet to the BA-210

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  9. Accessories: a bag of some sorts for the PF-20T and PF-50T

5 vote(s)
    5.3%
  10. Swag section: Ampeg bumperstickers

7 vote(s)
    7.4%
  11. Other... please tell us more!

18 vote(s)
    18.9%
  1. Mark_70

Mark_70

Dec 31, 2013
    Minnesota
    Are they still working on this 5 lbs version of the 300 watt all tube SVT head ? I'd be all over that :D

Regards
    Mark

2. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Darn! I hate missing such a golden opportunity! :laugh: (I'm slow these last few days. Missing cues all over the place.)

But I don't have an ex. Been very happily and exclusively with the same girl since 1970. Still got and play my first "real" bass and amp too. "Do it right the first time and you won't need to do it again" as the saying goes.

I guess I live in the Shire - a place where things change slowly, if they change at all.

More likely I'm just an über-putz. ;)

JimmyM likes this.
  3. Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

Jan 21, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I voted for a PF-200T because that'd be awesome. I'm fairly positive that wont happen but I'd settle for a PF-100T (please, Ampeg).

Novarocker and High Camp like this.
  4. cazclocker

cazclocker My social skills are rapidly dwindling.

Oct 24, 2014
    Newton, Kansas
    Huh? I smell a private joke. No fair - it was my suggestion about the AEB/AUB/Devil Bass reissues that prompted this... the rules clearly state that I get to know what you're talking about!

Michael Schreiber and JimmyM like this.
  5. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Mapleglo is a bass player and builder. You can usually find her over in the Luthiers Corner at TB. When she decides she wants a special bass, she builds it. She's done a Lemmy styled Ric sort of bass and is on her second Devil Bass build.

She's very generous and open about sharing her experiences, and posts commentary and pictures along the various stages of her designs and builds. They're fun to read and very informative. I've learned a lot from her successes and freely admitted mistakes.

Good TBer to follow IMO. And a nice person to get to know.

6. Inky13

Inky13

Nov 13, 2016
    Buffalo NY
    Baby Bass reissue would be sweet.

7. xJasonSmithx

xJasonSmithx Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Things I would like to see:

A sealed 6x10.

Re-reissues of the Dan Armstrong basses. Wood or Lucite.

High Camp and Bill Whitehurst like this.
  8. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Ampeg and IK just released Ampeg SVX 2 and an upgrade to SVX 1
    There's lot praise in recording and live sound forums.

To get from an Amp to a modeler they start with a schematic, model it, and go all the way through critical listening making tweaks along the way.

Another approach is to start with a model with the goals of making an amp. Start with a model, with the whole intent to make and amp, after the model and critical listening is done with a crowd. Crowd source the next amp by asking the crowd what they want, making a model of what it'd sound like. Make a case with bricks so people would know the weight. And eventually make the amp. Plus a few more bass amp modelers along the way.

It's actually not radically different. Many engineers do computer models first and try things out in the virtual world. The difference here is Ampeg could use the crowd for input.

The modeling opportunities are huge as it reaches non-bass players who are also seeking a certain tone.

9. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    A Heritage SVT-VR riding on a flat back 810 will come someday.

Michael Schreiber and High Camp like this.
  10. High Camp

High Camp

Oct 3, 2013
    Netherlands
    Great responses so far, with some extra creative ideas! :)

11. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    How about upping the power on the Micro-VR to 350 watts?

12BitSlab and High Camp like this.
  12. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008

Yes. An Ampegg that hatches a variety of emulations into a stand alone amp.

Picture a small, unit with Wi-FI connectivity that builds on the IK emulations. Customize your sounds on your computer and download the settings, auxiliary control via a phone or pad app. Change settings on the fly or via a foot controller. Like they do with the Eventide H9 for example but into an amp.

It would sell in large numbers to all the kids out there.

High Camp likes this.
  13. I picked other, heard they were going to reissue this for all the geezers here who complain about heavy amps.:roflmao:

ampegrig-jpg.jpg

14. Xandrell

Xandrell

Aug 23, 2014
    There's a new V4D all tube 200 watt head and a 215 neo cab to go with it. Or maybe that was a dream I had.

sowilson likes this.
  15. sowilson

sowilson

Jul 5, 2013
    A 2x15 neo cab (similar to a V6B cab maybe) with old school voicing and a 2x15 neo cab with a column-array for mid/hf elements.
    A modular tube power amp system. 50w, 100w, 200w, 500w modules that could be interconnected to drive a single set of speaker outputs. Modify the pf50T, V4B and SVT to work with the interconnect and then you could have a 800w SVT, or 200w V4B, 200w pf50T, 2100w V4B, etc.

bobyoung53 and xJasonSmithx like this.
  16. abracadunphy

abracadunphy

May 22, 2015
    Scr-Di without the Scrambler section.

17. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

This! A thousand times this! :thumbsup:

cazclocker and bobyoung53 like this.
  18. Xandrell

Xandrell

Aug 23, 2014
    You're outta control, and that's how greatness is achieved.

cactus1 and bobyoung53 like this.
  19. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Got just the preamp part out already. It's called the Ampeg Classic Analog Preamp Goes for $99 most places.

IMG_2859.PNG

You lose the DI and aux inputs. But there are better DIs out there.

However, a box minus just the SCR would be pretty handy.

Michael Schreiber likes this.
  20. abracadunphy

abracadunphy

May 22, 2015
    Exactly, I got the scr-di and I love it, but the scrambler section is something I never use. Definitely if there was a version without the scrambler section I would buy it.
    The new pedals are fine, but i dont want to lose the aux in the headphones out, in addition to that D.i. works great for me.

40Hz likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021