1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

So what's the deal with Warwick/Framus?

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by Betrayer_Bass, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Betrayer_Bass

Betrayer_Bass Profanity Fish.

Sep 24, 2011
    Oslo, Norway
    Endorsing: Spector basses, Winspear Picks, Spector Formula 603 strings
    So when i got my Warwick, I fell in love with it. I went to Facebook and immediately clicked like on the Warwick page, I went to their website and watched videos, drooled over the higher end basses i'll never afford and dreamed up my own custom specs for a Warwick.

Then sometime later, Warwick became Warwick/Framus. Now I know Framus guitars are amazing also, I've played many (my favourite guitars will always be Jackson though) but what's the relationship between Warwick and Framus? Have they always been hand in hand or is it a new thing? :)

2. babebambi

babebambi

Jan 7, 2008
    YTZ
    It's always been the same company, run by the same family.

3. Betrayer_Bass

Sep 24, 2011
    Oslo, Norway
    Wow, really? I never knew! Thanks :)

4. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Profania_bass,*Framus was started in 1946 by Fred Wilfer, the father of Warwick's Hans-Peter Wilfer. They were the most successful instrument maker in Europe, and known throughout the world. Framus was played by Elvis Presley, John Lennon, Bill Wyman, Billy Lorento (aka Bill Lawrence the pickup maker), and many others!
    You can read more about it here:*

http://framus.com/modules/infos/info...ID=11114&cl=EN

And the Framus Vintage site is here:*

http://www.framus-vintage.de/?katID=24104&cl=EN

Here you can find an article about Hans-Peter Wilfer from the Bass Player Magazine article, Meet your Maker:

http://www.bassplayer.com/article/me...warwick/148470

Warwick: It truly is "A family Affair"...and thats not just an ad slogan! We are much smaller and tight-knit than people would guess. And we all have a deep passion for building instruments that goes further back than many people realize. Please let me know if you have any questions, or if I can assist you in any way. Thanks!

5. Betrayer_Bass

Sep 24, 2011
    Oslo, Norway
    Wow, thanks for the links and all the info! I am really interested in the history of Warwick and Framus :)

6. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Its my pleasure, Profania_bass! Don't hesitate to let me know if you've got any questions or if there is any way I can be of service. Best regards,