Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So, What's the Official TalkBass Player's Vehicle?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by doc540, Aug 17, 2003.

1. doc540

doc540

Jul 28, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    I haven't been here long or read a ton of threads, but it seems like the VW Jetta might be the most common form of bass gear transportation.

Hmmmmmmmm....maybe this calls for a poll!

:)

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Around here it used to be either VW Passat or Mercedes 200 D hatchback[?](/8 or W123).
    All bought used of course - or a VW Golf.

3. Just like the Dodge Shadow...

I fit a 410 in the back seat along with a 6-space SKB rack. One bass behind the seat (or stack another on top for a spare) and gig bag on top of the rack. Front seat gets a 115 cab with additional front seat floor space. And I haven't even used the trunk/hatchback yet...

Or, I can fold down the back seat and fit my Ampeg 810 back there...She's been with me since '93 and with 164,000 miles, she's been great to me...

4. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    '88 Honda Accord DX. 130k miles, runs great. I can fit my 4x10, rack, and basses in the back seat, which leaves room for a passenger up front and a couple in the trunk.

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I dunno, my bro just got a Dodge Shadow (today, actually!) and I agree with Sobie. I'd bet I could fit 2 Eden 410XLTs in the back with the rear seat folded down (along with what Sobie said)

6. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Quit buying 2-seater sports cars, (what's left of them :rolleyes: ) and got a PT Cruiser a month ago.

With 32 ways to configure the interior, it fits all my gear with room to spare -

[​IMG]

7. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i can get two basses, an eden metro, an eden d115xlt and a hartke 410xl in the back of my mazda protege 5 and still carry a passenger

8. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    My 2001 F-150 SuperCrew holds a heckuva lot of gear with the rear seat folded down. My Sunn 215 head, 300T amp, and bass will all fit back there with room to spare, and for those of you who have or have seen a 300T and 215, that is a major feat!! If I were to add a tonneau cover to the bed, I guarantee I could haul the entire band's equipment:D

9. 97 Ford Mustang. I can't fit anything it it hardly, just heads and instruments. Usually when i'm in a band we don't use my car since it doesn't hold jack :D

Oh, and heres a picture

10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    '93 Honda Civic, red, no a/c, no stereo.

But, I can get my whole rig - 410, 210, 4 space rack, 2 EBG's, an EUB, assorted small PA or percussion gear, and a passenger in the car, and it gets 35+ mpg.

Gettin' the a/c fixed next week! wOOt! :D

11. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    woot indeed.

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    2000 Nissan Xterra. Denim blue.

brad cook

13. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    2002 hyundai sante fe

the pinacle of korean craftmanship

lol

14. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Well here are mine:
    99 Ford ranger 4x4 (everyday ride)
    93 Chevy S-10 w/44,000 original miles
    72 Z28 split bumper (one mean mother)
    14 yr. old Big wheel (a little tough to pedal now):p

15. cjgallen

cjgallen

Oct 19, 2001
    VW Beetle. Gotta take out the passenger seat to fit my 1x15.

16. well hopefully ill soon have a honda element :D

17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

For small gigs, my wife's Kia Sportage. For big ones, my Chrysler Grand Voyager.

18. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Word.

19. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

Very nice [​IMG]

I'll get a pic of mine up tomorrow. I just waxed her, so she's shinin' like da sun:D

20. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    Heres mine. Lincoln towncar. I can fit my 4x12 in the back seat and still have room for a passenger. :D[​IMG]