So where do you take your dates?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tym2cu_bass, Dec 7, 2004.

1. ... just bored.. so ... seemed like a good topic to me (in the midst of my boredom).

... so, where do you take your dates?
  2. movies are classic.

salsa dancing, rock climbing, paintball, plays and theatre, opera, live bands, karaoke, picnics, beach (in summer) or the pools.. anything really

dinner goes between three resteraunts for me.
    low brow - an irish pub with killer steaks
    so-so - an italian resteraunt with awesome deserts
    higher-class - a seafood joint that over looks darling harbour

but my favourite at her place, (whomever she may be at the time). chicks dig guys who can cook!

i wanna see what else people wanna say about this subject :)
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    When I first started reading that list, I thought those were the names of the restaurants. Yeah, I'm tired.

Even though I am now married, my wife and I go on dates a few times a year. During the nice weather, it normally involves some outdoor walking and then a picnic. During the winter, it is usually a dinner and movie.

4. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    to the party pants pants party pants?

100 points to who gets that :0
  5. oh you know, comic book conventions, the usual.
  6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    If all goes well, to the bedroom at the end of the night. :eek:
  7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Depends on the girl.

Some I take out to the movies, others I just rent a movie for.

Some I take out to dinner. Other Ill pick up some groceries and we'll cook.

Local shows are always fun though.
  8. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    +1 to that, good sir.

There's no time for dates now, though. Practicing is just too important, or at least that's what I tell myself.

9. "TOGA PARTY!..."
    "But we're already wearing togas..."

I love MST3K. :-D
  10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I weed out the less than adequate right off:

....if they can't hang with that, they can't hang with me.

Thankfully, the girl I'm seeing now LOVES sushi (just came back from a great meal a few minutes ago).

...oh, did I mention that she also keeps dark beer in her fridge, and has the Sunday NFL Ticket?

...I think I'll keep her 'round...
  11. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    It really doesn't matter where you take him or her. Personally, I take my females with me wherever I go. Last week I went shoe shopping with my girlfriend, went to Green's Court to get chinese food and rented Requiem For a Dream at Blockbuster. ****, I still haven't returned that. ****. I also go out to movies, various restaurants, the mall, parties, shows and all sorts of other things. I'm going to try the cooking idea though...
  12. ... so where do you take your males?
  13. i'll chime in on this one... best to do something simple and get it right, rather than something over the top and stuff it up.

Spagetti Bolognase (store bought noodles, but makes the sauce yourself!) and redwine.

add candles, nice music (err not dream theatre guys!), dress up nice, clean yerself up, and you should be good to go..

your welcome :D:D:D
  14. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Anywhere that my wife won't find us. :help: :D :D
  15. Just came back from lunch with my gf. We've been together on and off for years now so we don't go anywhere particularly fancy, unless its for a special occassion. It really depends on the girl - some are really casual and just like going to a movie or renting one. Others want to be taken to a romantic restaurant, go out for a romantic beachside walk before being dropped home with nothing more than a kiss on a cheek. Where I take the girl depends on what type of person she is and how much effort I'm willing to put in to make things special.

16. Woa... you're hooked up with Ericman197?!?!?!

... I asked eric where he takes his male dates... cuz he only mentioned where he takes "my females." ... then you say "anywhere that my wife won't find us"

;) ... I suppose there are more queers on TB then I thought :eek:
  17. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

18. ... of course not.

ok, enough getting off track (my fault)... back to the question-
  19. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I didnt even think Id have to mention sushi. I figured that was automatic....

Hey Gard, you busy this weekend?;)