so, wheres the OOOOMMPH??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by oversoul, Jan 31, 2005.

1. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    OK, so today I bought the required speakon cable and finally plugged in my recently finished SWR550x/warwick 155 pro rig, very clear sounding, quick, hi-fi sound indeed, but...

its a 15 cab!! Wheres the booty on this thing? :eyebrow:
    I was expecting a lot more fat,dense, muddy low end from using such a cab, but the SWR doesnt seem to pull it off, in that field, yes, it brings out a cristal sharp reproduction of my instrument's sound to it, but I always favored that deep, round Dub tone in ocasions, and it just doesnt seem to be there. :meh:

The rig is working @ 8 ohms, 375 W going from the SWR into the warwick, the cab takes 400 W @ 8ohm
  2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    SWR isn't known for bone-crushing low end...

And you may want to be pushing more like 400-600w through that cab to really push it.
  3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

My little SWR WM 300 does not have nearly the low end that my Hartke HA7000 had, but sounds better overall. I'm giving the new Kustom Groove Bass 1200 a shot (just ordered it). I hope that 1200 watts can push some serious low end!
  4. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Thats too bad because either than that, this baby has a good performance, I still need to spend some more time with it, I didnt expect windows shatering, but this? :meh:
  5. Waabs

Waabs Employee, Musical Instrument Retail

Aug 1, 2004
    I had one of those Warwick 115 Pros and they had some low end but not heaps and heaps of it.
  6. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i have a super redhead that has no a$$ to it. i have to put a Sansamp in front of it in the signal chain. but once i get off the B and E strings the amp really starts to strut.