Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So, who else here is sick of reality TV?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Trevorus, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have had it with reality TV. I don't want to watch fake "real life." I have an antenna, and flipping through my 7 or so channels, I get 5 reality shows. I am so sick of that crap! Anyone else here feel the same way?

2. I dont even have tv and im sick of reality shows. :spit:

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Personally I'm just sick of reality. Does it show?

brad cook

4. my advice is either read a book, watch a movie, or get cable. reality shows are going to be milked until its dry.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    It's dry, and they are still squeezing....

can't afford cable, and don't really want it. I just want a few select channels, and that's it. So I do without. Cable is expensive around here, though I do have cable internet, because DSL isn't available. And I figure if I am going to sit on my butt and waste time, I'll do it on the internet.

6. that's fantastic... sign me up.... i might have to steal that one from ya!

7. thats the spirit!

8. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Here's a question that I hope registers with many of us;

- Don't you see a clear parallel between the garbage being pawned off as "music" these days and the suckatation being labeled as "reality TV'??? My Cocker Spaniel is much more of an artist than that convict, Fiddy Cint.

HINT: What are the achievements of Paris Hilton and her little slut-friend (other than spreading their legs ?).

Our culture is bottoming out to the LCD and I hope you young guys/girls will make it something respectable again.

Please, young folks, raise the bar.

9. i hate those shows, but it was really funny to mock the Real Worlders when they were here in San Diego. whenever they walked down the main drag in Pacfic Beach they got hassled big time. I loved it. I've had drinks with Alton from the Las Vegas show on more than one occasion (he's from SD), and he told me so much funny crap about that cast.... where do they find these morons? :confused:

10. They have famous dads.

Hilton hotels, Lionel Richie.

11. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Suggested reading:

Anything by anybody.

Problem solved (though I concur in full with the original poster).

12. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Though everyone is right, and TV hasn't been good since...well, SINCE...

It has done one thing good in my life:

Gotten me to start listening to talk radio instead.

TV was fine as a kid, but I can't even imagine what I would do if I was still stuck getting my news or information or even entertainment from the horrible transformation that television has become.

Go talk radio! :hyper:

*I hope I don't hear crickets and tumbleweeds after that :bag: *

-Transverz

13. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    *Hears crickets, but not tumbleweeds because they don't make noise.*

14. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Reality TV? Isn't that an oxymoron? And no, oxymoron isn't the guy that does the commercials selling Oxy-clean.

15. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    If oxymoron was the guy that does commercials selling Oxy-clean, then your two sentences before that wouldn't make any sense.

:ninja:

16. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    hahaha, that's true. Tumbleweeds don't make noise. Well, much at least.

But seriously, no one here listens to talk radio? That's amazing. Okay, resume crickets and tumbleweeds...

*cricketcricket* *woosh-woosh*

-T

17. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Well you've got to let it live for more than 20 minutes. Don't shoot yourself down yet.

18. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    I do I do! My wife and I decided to not get cable when we got married because we thought there was just too much crap on TV. It seems that we've made a mistake though. There seems to be MORE crap on the handful of channels that we do get.

Oh well, it forces us to read more and to spend time outside enjoying the summer.

19. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I listen to talk radio.

brad cook

20. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I blame Andy Warhol.