So who here sports a messenger bag?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Timbo, Aug 14, 2005.

1. I do..

2. I don't..

3. Uhm.. What is a messenger bag?

1. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    So how many of you guys sport em? I personally am in love with the things.
  2. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    emo/indie kids do.

I've carried one once, I never knew the term "un-ergonomic" could apply so strongly to bags.

EDIT: the terms "pile-drivingly heavy" and "immense" also applied to this particular one. maybe i need to give them a try again, or lift weights.
  3. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Oh, you mean a purse? ;)
  4. sargebaker

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    negative. a messenger bag..... and even at that I believe it would be a man-purse and not a purse...
  5. I have no idea what a messenger bag is.
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I won one a couple years ago from a radio station. It is made by a place called Kavu. It sits in my spare bedroom closet waiting to be used someday.

7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I see emo/goth/ kids trying to use them in school, bumping their legs as they walk. Look uncomfortable as hell.

Maybe thats the point, pain and suffering ? Idk./
  8. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
    I'm not quite emo enough for a messenger bag/man-purse.
  9. Yeah, they do look pretty uncomfortable and darn silly when they bump against people's legs when they walk.
  10. oops, detract my vote, I thought messenger bag referred to the bookbags that have one strap that goes across your chest.
  11. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    I'm not a messenger. I would feel like a poser.
  12. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    You mean a queer bag right. ;)
  13. I was thinking of a more poetic nickname. ;)
  14. sargebaker

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
  15. Wow.
    I'm not goth, emo or queer.

Nor do I carry a purse... ;) But I DO use a messenger bag / laptop bag (sorta kinda similar)

I like to have a convenient carrier for my laptop, assorted daily doodads, cellphone, sketchpads and the like. I don't have to fumble around with a million otherwise loose things that way.

And it doesn't bump my leg...the strap IS adjustable.

It has nothing to do with being trendy or queer or anything else said in ignorance in this thread thus far. It has alot more to do with convenience. Big DUH there gents. :D

16. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Now that is a pile-drivingly heavy messenger bag.
  17. I use one as a backpack for school since its so light. I never have a problem with it bumping against my legs because i have it adjusted to hang above my waist.
    I think they are better than backpacks because with backpacks you have a tendency to carry a ton of stuff you dont need. Since the messenger bag is small you can only take just what you need. Its a good one.
  18. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    The closest thing to a messenger bag i carry is my laptop case-it doesn't have the flap so it's more like a cloth briefcase or something.

For some reason-i always thought a messenger bag was one of those sling looking bags. Oh well.
  19. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Mark Latimour carries a man purse. There is pictorial evidence.
  20. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I'm not emo.. nor goth.. nor any of those other stereotypes but I still love em.