so who is faster than joey demaio

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by paz, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paz

paz Banned

Jun 26, 2001
    Seaton, Devon, England
    basicly i dont wanna get loads of people sayin how bad manowar are cos ive heard it all b4. but when people reply to a thread about demaio they say there are faster and louder players but no one seems to give any names, so who are these bassists and what albums have they done so i can judge for myself, cheers :)
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Not that it's important, but there are tons of players that have faster and cleaner(meaning less sloppy!!!) chops.

Dominique Di Piazza is one example. He may look like an accountant (and he is a priest on top of it :p ), but he can shred like no other with razor-like accuracy.

Check out his playing on John McLaughlin Trio - Que Alegria and be prepared to be blown away.
    The Frontpage album he did with drummer Dennis Chambers and guitarist Bireli Lagrene is very nice also.
    Warning: This is Jazz
  3. Check out Gary Willis playing horn-like lines through non-diatonic chord changes on a fretless bass at blistering tempos.

Warning: This is also jazz.
  4. Brian Bromberg, Michael Manring, Bill Dickens, Stu Hamm
  5. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
  6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Matt Garrison is pretty speedy, too.

Of course, I don't know if he could keep a straight face if he had to be speedy while dressed like the missing viking from the Village People, but then, again.... ;)

Nothing says "talent" like speed for speed's sake.... :scowl:
  7. :D
  8. Who gives a horse's poop who's the loudest and the fastest? I'll take the tastiest.

Edit: You had to start a new thread after your previous one got closed, eh? :scowl:
  9. At least it's a link to the "B-cup" pics in there! :D
  10. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Tom Kennedy-Just listen to him on some Dave Weckel discs, most of all the live double disc Weckel put out about a year or so ago, Kennedy is stinkin' unreal fast and SUPER clean.

Alain Caron- His first solo disc Le Band. Whew!! Or his disc "Play" has an Lenni Stern tune on it he blows over, nutty clean and fast.
  11. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    how about a who's the most musical thread?
  12. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    Joey DeMaio is a guy with too little talent and too many
    watts. I guess he didn't hear that hair shred metal is over
    probably because he's deaf. Manowar doesn't sell any
    records in the U.S. Little wonder. Flame me if you must,
    I don't care.

13. Perhaps the worst, and scariest show. Ever.
  14. Well many people are probably faster or as fast as Joey. However ost are probably a lot less sloppy that he is. When Joey tris to "shine" you can't do nothing but laugh since he has been doing these fast solos for 10-20 years and hasn't learned how to play them correct yet.
  15. No one's mentioned Richard Bona yet. He's definitely the fastest bassist I've seen in person, and I've seen Victor Wooten, Stu Hamm, Oteil Burbridge, Michael Manring, Steve Bailey, Christian McBride, and some others. I didn't know it was even possible to do the stuff that Richard Bona was doing.
  16. Oh, and this is also pure gold:

Darn, troll chasing is fun! :hyper:
  17. The infamous "bows are gay" thread...

How about more uncomfortably humorous pictures of the Small Wonder chick.

18. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I am SOOO glad that not all US series make it to our TV. :D
  19. B. War (Bogge) formerly of Marduk is fast as hell and he uses only fingers. Pretty impressive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.