1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So, who is Sonata Marketing, anyway?

Discussion in 'GR Bass Amplification' started by jfiles, Dec 4, 2018.

1. jfiles

jfiles Sonata Marketing • GR Bass Amplifiers Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 29, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Owner, Sonata Marketing
    My name is John Files and I am the Principal of Sonata Marketing, LTD. We are an Independent Distribution company for music products and we specialize in high-quality instruments, amplifiers, and accessories. At the present time, we carry GR Bass amplifiers, Elrick Bass guitars and jptr fx (Jupiter Effects). My career in musical instrument sales began in 1975 as a part-time sales associate. Since that beginning, I moved on to full-time sales, then later, the manager of many ‘mom-n-pop’ retail stores. I was the Store Manager (w/ 39 sales people that I helped train) for a large “BigBox” outlet years ago. My next venture was my own retail outlet, ‘Bass Emporium’, which I owned and operated until 2012.

I then went to work for a few premier music products companies where I built websites, manned the NAMM booths, helped with product development and continued to take inbound calls from both customers and dealers. Now begins the last phase of my retail lifecycle where I function in a B2B environment and help source products, both domestic and international, and make them available for players of all levels. Sonata Marketing, LTD. is located in Austin, Texas and I’m available to help and answer questions via this forum, by email, and by telephone.

Robert B likes this.
  2. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
    I remember the Bass Emporium!

3. jfiles

Oct 29, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Owner, Sonata Marketing
    Hi Robert! Hope you are doing well!

4. Laurent

Laurent

May 21, 2008
    Napa, California
    I also remember the Bass Emporium. I visited the store once or twice while in Austin.

What John is not mentioning in his summary above is the fact that he's been playing bass since the late 60's and that he is very skilled musician.

5. jfiles

Oct 29, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Owner, Sonata Marketing
    Hi, how are you? What a generous comment, I appreciate that. Yep, the '60s. Seems like yesterday - goes way too fast. Hope things are good with you!