1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So, who played New Years 2018?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Acoop, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Acoop

Acoop

Feb 21, 2012
    I played a nice cool jazz gig to ring the new year and it was minutes from my place.

Lobster11 likes this.
  2. tfer

tfer

Jan 1, 2014
    We took this year off. First year in 10 that we haven’t played, but our wives wanted to spend the evening with us.

3. Lobster11

Lobster11 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Williamsburg, VA
    One of my hobby bands normally plays on Sunday nights, so we made it into a party including dinner. We usually play until 10, but last night we played until just before midnight, stopped to ring in the New Year with a bottle of bubbly, and then finished up with our usual closer Wooly Bully. Everybody who had been consuming stayed overnight. I can't think of a more fun way to celebrate NYE!

Acoop likes this.
  4. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Off. Played Saturday instead

5. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

not i.

6. farace

farace

Jul 9, 2016
    Connecticut USA
    We did an hour set early enough that we were able to be home before the incapacitated drivers hit the road. Even made the paper, apparently.

IMG_0740.JPG
    Lorain Ohio Simister sings while she and her fellow members of the Post Traumatic Jazz Disorder perform during the Midnight at Hygienic New Year's Eve Art Gala and Amphitheater Benefit at Hygienic Art in New London Sunday, Dec. 31, 2017. The event raised money to complete the Frank Loomis Palmer Amphitheater project. Playing guitar is Christian Brunelle, left, Joe Glennon on drums, playing bass is Bob Farace, second from right, and on keyboard is Scott Mayfield, right. (Dana Jensen/The Day)

Lobster11 likes this.
  7. Lobster11

Lobster11 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Williamsburg, VA
    I've just gotta say that Post-Traumatic Jazz Disorder is an awesome band name!

farace likes this.
  8. We played a New Year's Eve show. 9:30-12:30, three 45-minute sets with breaks. A good time was had by all. Here we are with me on my Gibson SG bass.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  9. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Portland
    Gigged Saturday night and got together with band guys to see the new year in. We busted out the instruments way after midnight and jammed morphing from one song to the next with some awesome interludes of musical mischief.