Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So who plays the "other" Hartke heads?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tsal, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Trust me, I've seen plenty of them Hartke 3500-heads around, as I have seen their big brothers, the 7000s, churning some tone out at various gigs.

But where are the "other" Hartke heads, you know, the 3000's and 4000's, the ones without graphic 10-band, but with parametric mids and futuristic looks?

Does anyone buy or use these, anyways?

[​IMG]

2. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I use the HA4000. It is a great, reliable head.

Alot of tonal variety and it gives me a very clean, full sound. It's plenty loud with my Peavey 410 TXF cab, even in large hall. I haven't had a chance to play outdoors with it, but we keep our stage volume somewhat low anyway.

I like it better than the 3500. 400 watts into 4 ohms.

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I gotz one o' dese! HA3000 300w@4ohms.

[​IMG]

And one o' dese! HA5500 500w@4ohms.

[​IMG]

4. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    How are you liking the 5500 DWBass?

Have you filled the one rack space with anything?

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I've only used it twice so far. It's pretty loud but I think I need to change my 1x15 to a 4x10 for more projection. I have a 2x10 on top. I had the volume no higher than 11 o'clock. So far so good. You can't put anything in the open rack space because it doesn't have the rails. That name tag is held on by velcro. So it's not really a rack case but just an enclosure. I'm going to remove it and put it in a real rack case.

[​IMG]