So who watched the Simpsons tonight??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by incognito89x, Nov 10, 2002.

1. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    "Not everyone can play guitar. There are lots of other instrumentes. For example Bass. Who wants to play bass... ehh?? ehh???"

:D Made me chuckle... hehe
  2. Made me laugh, and to show the geek of me..

Barney was playing a 51 P-bass
    Homer was playing a Strat
    Apu was playing a Stingray
    Otto was playing a Gibson Thunderbird
    And Wiggum was playing a hollowbody Grestch (sp?)
  3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

missed it!

and i think i was even home, too!

please tell me it wasn't funny.

4. Yeah, I was about to post about the bass thing.

Lenny Kravitz: Couldn't you have found a more fuel-efficient Satan?

Mick Jagger: Don't you have a crotch to stuff?
  5. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    CRAP!! i knew i was forgetting something. of all the ones to miss...
  6. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    It wasn't very funny. The bass part was its only saving grace.
  7. I think the show was great. The bass part is a classic! Elivs Costello did a great job... Man, I just loved everyone's expression when he suggested that they play bass.... HAHAHA!!! Oh, we are just too easy! ;)
  8. Boo! I didn't like that attitude towards bass. I had the captions on and while Elvis was playing that note twice it said "(playing chords)" :rolleyes:

9. He was playing a chord, weren't you listening? :rolleyes:

I thought the episode was great though. One of funniest ones I've seen in a while.
  10. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    That was a great episode, IMO. And the Pothead Homer episode right before it was great, too. That one will never get old! I stand firm in my belief that The Simpsons is the best show ever.
  11. Damn work, I missed tonite's episode, but I'm sure there is a way to download it off the internet.
  12. That episode hasn't come on in Australia yet. I'll be sure not to miss it. Barney on bass...Highlarious.
  13. could someone post the name of the episode please???
  14. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    I only have 2 channels from my antenna so I dont get Fox, only NBC and CBS. Too bad I missed another overrated, highly-publicized Simpsons episode, like we haven't seen those before... :rolleyes:
  15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    simpsons is a great show.
    be it highly publicized or not.
    true episodes are overrated sometimes, and many jokes are exagerrated to the point of no return, but its still a great show. the fact that its in its 14th season and still making people laugh prooves this.
    I don't get chances to see it very often though, I did see the latest halloween episode the other day, that was the latest episode I've seen in a while
  16. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I thought it was a pretty weak episode, to be honest.

We learned one thing, however: Elvis Costello can't play bass. Did you hear him strumming the Thunderbird?
  17. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Yeah... that one was hilarious.

Homer: Well, hand out the guitars.
    Costello: There aren't enough guitars for everyone! But there are other instruments... like bass! (plays few notes, Homer looks un-impressed.
    Homer: (jumps into hut) Outta the way!
    Costello: I'll tell Mick Jagger!
    Homer: Ooo, I'm scared!

That one was one of the better episodes lately... too bad I missed the marijuana episode... only saw a bit of it. Lenny Kravitz was also good, as was the Tom Petty "writing lyrics" part!