Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So whos a gamer?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by anonymous278347457, Dec 19, 2005.

1. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    I was wondering if there were any other people other than me that plays games and also plays Bass.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    yup... mostly RPG and Survival Horror these days (currently playing "Trapt" on the PS2, just finally beat GTA-SA last week and I'm not playing anything on the PC at the moment).

Racing, FPS & online stuff bore me in general, they all have great realism now but also seem too 'been there done that' to me.

Sometimes I break out the SNES and play Yoshie & Mario stuff.

What's your game of choice right now?

3. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I play cs 1.6, played some Dod, played a lot of shooters, mostly singleplayer, played some UT multiplayer, tried some Quake...I've played a lot of games but none on a good level.

4. I play games, but not all the time. When I have nothing else to do, I'll play a few levels of a game, but unless I'm really dedicated to finishing a game, that's all I'll do.

And I play 'girlie' games - very rarely do I play games that are teh coolest among real hardcore gamers, especially male gamers.

Games I like to play/games that I own:

The Sims (1 and 2, plus all the expansion packs) for PC
    Goldeneye 64 (my first game)
    Banjo-Kazooie (that was a really good one, IMO)
    Prince of Persia games for PS2 - I have SoT and WW (WW I haven't finished)

I have more, but I can't remember any off the top of my head.

5. All I gotta say is WoW. :hyper:

6. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    I started a CS:S clan with some friends (who i am also in kinda of a band with) but we are failing miserably. We need some better members.......

7. trog

trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Scotland
    Used to be a total MMORPG nerd, but I've stopped now because I realised that they were controlling my life.

8. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Board gamer here. Axis & Allies, mostly. Risk, of course. One of my buddies just picked up the A&A miniatures set. It's a lot of fun! I don't play too many video games anymore.

9. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas. Also Gran Turismo. I've sort of become increasingly dis-interested in games since i started to take bass lessons and take my playing seriously.

I Still enjoy the occasional classic ROM aswell. :)

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I like to play that game that is a piece of wood in a triangle shape with all the golf tees on it.

brad cook

11. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    do you like CS:S more than CS1.6 ?

12. ladros2

ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    Ireland
    Infinity engine stuff, mainly baldurs gate. LOTS of halo with my friend and his brother. And on boards, risk.

13. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I used to play Warhammer too, but it was too time- and money consuming.

14. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Well, aside form all the PS2 and PC based games I have, I was shifting the remainig stuff that I had left behind at my parents the other day.........which included a lot of original AD&D books, the original Traveller set and expansion books and supplements, Behind Enemy Lines (WWII RPG), Recon ('Nam RPG), along with AH board games like Third Reich and Air Force (with the Dauntless expansion).

Took me backa few years (OK couple of decades) I can tell ya!!! :bassist:

15. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Ditto... In fact, alot of the folks I play w/ on Cenarius just moved over to the new PvP server, Chromaggus

16. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    Source seems easier, but ive got 1.6 aswell, sometimes play that aswell.

17. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Source seems easier because most people on CS have been playing for multiple years, most Source players aren't that experienced. But, it's changing fast..

18. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I won a local Streetfighter tournament back in the day (as Ken)
    I played alot of Mechwarrior2 through Kali in the mid 90s.
    Used to be big on Half Life TFC mod. I played medic alot.
    Now that I have other things to attend to I'm mostly a console gamer.
    Working on: Zelda Wind Waker, FFX-2 and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.

I prefer RPGs and love Tekken (Kazuya and Heihachi).

19. same here...i get addicted to video games...
    my roommate brought back NHL06 and i accidently signed up for the 82 game season...plus my girlfriend just bought me tiger woods 06...yikes...

of course i can't even touch RPGs as they devour every second of my life...i'd never go to class!

20. CS: S is much better than the CS 1.6, valve ruined the original CS imo, just wasnt as much fun when they took over and changed things

I play too many games, basically will play anything thats good, depends on the mood

And yeah, i used to play warhammer too, very expensive hobby that was, still have most of the stuff in the attic