Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

So who's going to NAMM?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jive1, Dec 20, 2005.

1. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Who's going to NAMM in Anaheim,CA next month?

This would be my first and I'm psyched.

Maybe we could have an informal TB GTG there.

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    My first Anaheim show.

...and you're welcome! ;)

TB GTG is definitely a good plan! :D

3. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    I'll be there. And I'd love to meet some TB'ers in person.

4. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I can't say it enough - Gard pwns!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

5. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    I'm going. Thank you SWR.

6. BassLand

BassLand

Mar 20, 2000
    Lost Angeles
    I'll be there at the MTD & Euphonics Audio booths my 24th NAMM year (Actually more than thirty shows summer and winter). Whew. For you first timers, be ready to be overwhelmed. Bring earplugs!

BassLand

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

NAMM The MotherLand of GAS ! :D

8. tbone0813

tbone0813 The faithless say farewell when the road darkens.

Aug 6, 2005
    Grand Prairie, TX.
    How do you get in to NAMM :eyebrow: . I'll fly out if someone can get me in!!!!! :help: :cool: I have the plane ticket. :hyper:

9. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    If you guys want, I will host a little GTG at the Euphonic Audio Booth - perhap near the end of the day on Friday, then we can all go get some libation

Mike

10. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    NAMM is a trade show, therefore you have to have "credentials". You can get credentials if you are a manufacturer, buyer, member of the press or a special guest. Some can get in via their local shop (if they are going and have an available pass). If you have a relationship with a manufacturer, then you can ask them for a pass ...beyond that it is difficult

Mike

11. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I just got confirmation a couple of days ago that I'll be performing there on the 21st backing an up and coming performer, ALexa Vetere, who's representing Manarik guitars. Gonna be on the celebrity stage at the Marriott 8 or 8:30 pm. I'm stoked. Never been to NAMM before, no idea what to expect. It would be great to hook up with you guys. Not sure what my shcedule is going to be like because we're going to be rehearsing the days we're there, but in my free time I'll probably be hanging around The Ernie Ball Booth, Vigier Guitars (got some friends there), and if the guys from BP magazine have a booth I'd like to go bother them some. :)

My dictionary is in the other room, and my vocabulary has suffered since I discontinued my subscription to Readers Digest and stopped enriching my wordpower. What's libation?

12. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    a drink, of course

13. I will be there! My 2nd NAMM!

14. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    We definitely need to plan SOMETHING...

:hyper:

...I'll be easy to find, I'm the big 4-eyed goober that will be wandering aimlessly between the Bartolini, Aguilar, and Demeter booths - as these three companies have been kind enough to allow us to each display a bass in their booth (possibly two in the Bartolini booth). I will probably be more in evidence at the Demeter booth, (which will have two on display as well, if Adam F. decides to bring his personal LG 3000) as my personal bass will be on display there! :eek:

;)

15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i don't think i am going this year, which sucks, seeing as some cool folks are gonna be going this year (and gard too :D ). well, my plans may change, but it doesn't look that way.

gonna really miss hanging with my erb buds and the cool builders who've made our wackiness possible.

16. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I would love to be going. It would be great to put some faces to some names. See you in 2007.

17. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    I'll be there, but unlike last year I won't be wandering.

18. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I want to go to the one in Austin...

19. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    I'll be there. And I'll be at the BassQuake, which will probably be Thursday evening, if they keep the tradition that's developed.

20. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Ya I think thats 2006 summer, but not entirely sure. I will hopefully be able to go to that one, for sure if I talk Pete into going hehe.