So yeah I really like this girl at school but....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Lowend4s, Oct 20, 2002.

1. Lowend4s

Jan 2, 2001
    I dont know her. How should I go about by introducing myself? I am very shy!
  2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    oh boy... he's growing up... :tear:
  3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Here is an idea...

"High *insert her name here*. I am Lowend4s. How are you doing?"

Something along those lines always works for me when introducing myself.

Feel free to use your real name if you would like to.
  4. Austin Powers angle: "like a shag baby?"

Aussie Powers angle: "hey, like a beer? Perhaps a chomp on a sausage?"

*sniff sniff* Crap! my pie is burning... BRB!

I got too much time on my hands, i've taken up cooking... i'm serious.
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Merls, you've stumbled upon something some of us guys have known (and used to our adavantage)...

Chicks dig guys who can cook. I'm serious.
  6. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Just Play Foxy lady in the background.. walk up to her and make the sweet sweet love to her... it worked in waynes world.. even if it was just a fantasy
  7. Pie tastes okay. Its a cross between a quiche and a pie. Odd.

Girlfriend is impressed... lol

8. BlackGeezer

Aug 21, 2001
    What has always worked for me is taking time to notice something about her that doesnt stand out to most people but you girls take a lot of time to do. i.e. hair, make-up, eyes, etc. then just start talking, girls usually like a funny guys who is not afraid to be a little "out there" ask her questions about her type of music and stuff but make sure that you dont speak more than her. girls love guys who listen. get to know her this way and then start talking about relationships and tell her what you like in a relationship and try to get out of her what she wants in a relationship. if she wants what you can give go in for the kill when she least expects it and always ask girls out in person and look her in the eye. i used this on the girl i have had for two years now. godspeed. post a reply on how things go dude
  9. What would be so bad if you were rejected anyway? It's the breakups that really suck.
  10. it's kinda like GAS
    GO FOR IT (if you have the money.)
  11. Date her sister, but cheat on her with their mother. That'll get any girl's attention.

Or, if you want to go with the tried and true, just be cocky and funny. This is important- be confident, don't appear nervous, don't gush/be a push over. If you spend all of a date babbling about how pretty she is or having her make every single decision about where to go, you'll get boring.
  12. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Can I get a big AMEN! on that one. Oh, and hey Merls, you can come cook for me anytime;)
  13. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    just introduce urself...make sure other people around cuz boy does it suck if it is only you 2 and there is nothing to talk about...

im speaking from experience

14. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    :eek: You are one lucky sum'gun to have figured that out so early :).

it took me wayyyy too long :rolleyes:
  15. Hey Merlin, I've got a really good recepie for sausage stroganoff you can have. Just PM me if you want it!:D
  16. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    im sorry to say but how much experience have you really had?? you are only 15-16... you will have to start somewhere.. if its only two of you, there will ALWAYS be something to talk about... wether it be something about the weather, temperature of that day, or anything you saw on the news.. There are many things you can start with.. if you need people around you, it can kinda show that you are a dependant person and u can't really do anything by yourself.. yes it will make things easier when there are people around you but if you think about it this way, if you need someone to start off the things with this girl, the girl can think that you just want to be friends, or it will be hard for you to talk to the girl individually later.. Just from my experiences.

I've been thru jobs... been to many gigs, almost moved 12 times in my life time (im 20 right now).. I've dealt with quite a few people in my life... and i love to meet new people and this is how i see it...

17. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    and Lowend, go for it... if you have feelings for this girl.. You have take your chance.. If you keep these feelings inside yourself and end up not talking to the girl or asking her out, u will regret later that u didn't even try and that will make you feel worse. If you ask her out and she rejects you, at least you can move on and forget about that girl.. But if you don't even take that chance, u might regret not doing it and keep thinking about that girl.

Life is full of risks, take them..

18. Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    Hey is taking a girl to the Jackass Movie a good idea?
  19. Alla

Sep 25, 2000
    Speak like an italian boy!
    Italians do it better :D