1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

So yeah...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JacksonsMen, Apr 28, 2006.

1. My girlfriend just told me that she has pre-cancerous cells located in places that gentlemen do not talk about. on the inside. theres a possibility that she could never have children if this doesnt work out well. shes going in for surgery in a few days and im scared ****tless for her... i dont really have a reason to post this, im just a little worried about her

2. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I was in your shoes almost exactly a year ago. Hang in there, it's all about keeping a good attitude from here on out.

3. i appriciate it man, we just talked about it tonight for the first time, it was one of those things where she told me and i nearly broke down (for reference, i havent shed a real tear in nearly 6 years)

4. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Other things to consider are supplemental insurance (like AFLAC) and second or third opinions regarding treatments (even better if the Dr.'s communicate with each other).

5. Ovarian cancer or cervical cancer?

Best wishes to you and your girlfriend.

6. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Pre-cancerous cells are not necesarily a big deal. My wife's pap would come back that way every other time for a few years. It was completely normal, and we have a beautiful daughter today.

Don't worry, until it's time to worry.

7. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Remember that no matter how scared you are, she is even more so. Be strong for her. Don't read into the situation, and don't assume the worst. Listen to the doctors and follow their advice. Precancerous cell don't neccarily mean the end of the world.

Good luck. I hope everything works out for the best.

8. Don't worry too much. They are PRE-cancerous. That means they aren't cancerous YET. And they might not ever become cancerous. Your GF is doing the right thing by going to the doctor now. My mom found a mole on the back of her ankle that had started to grow. She immediately went to the doctor. It was skin cancer, and the malignant (dangerous) version at that. But they caught it REALLY early, so all they did was remove the offending mole and a small bit of surrounding tissue. She's fine now.

Moral of the story is that if you think you might have something out of line or wrong, SEE A DOCTOR. It might just save your life.

Rock on
    Eric

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    How old is your girl? If she's young like you, she'll be just fine.

-Mike

10. were both 20, we talked about it and it is a little comforting knowing its pre-cancerous (cervian not ovarian). thanks for the words though guys

11. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    yeah man, hang in there. precancerous is best fought early like this