1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So...You Alabama Fans...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Pilgrim, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

My employer Colorado State University just hired Jim McElwain, Alabama's Offensive Coordinator, as our new head coach.

Is this guy ready for a head coaching position? He seems to have some things going for him, including NFL experience, a good run with Alabama and he has ties to the western US. I'm just finding it hard to get inspired by the choice...so tell me what I don't know!

Comments??

2. Pilgrim

In this hotbed of SEC football discussion, not a single Alabama fan has an opinion??

I should alert the media.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    It's Colorado State.

-Mike

4. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Ouch!

5. Pilgrim

Meaning?

Like George Carlin said, "Wherever you are, there you are."

So CSU has no rep as a football powerhouse - got it. But it's a top notch research university with 28,000 students, and we're located in Fort Collins, which makes the top 10 places to live in the US every year. This place has a lot going for it.

And the pres and new athletic director are putting $1.35 mil into the new coach's salary...so I'm hoping some good things will result.

6. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    I thought this thread was about these guys. :atoz:

tumblr_kyd6mxMIMs1qb855uo1_400.

7. Pilgrim

That, my dear sir, would make you a non-fan of University of Alabama football, right?

8. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Correct! I just couldn't resist...sorry. :p

9. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Gotta agree. Been to Fort Collins several times playin' the blues and I must say I wouldn't mind living there at all. I could say that about many places in Colorado though.

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    It isn't a jab on my part, just the reality how I see it. Is he qualified to coach CSU? Sure. Alabama or Michigan type programs? Probably not.

-Mike

11. Pilgrim

:D We try to conceal our suffering, being the noble spirits that we are.

Did I mention we're also referred to as the NAPA Valley of Microbrews? Three craft breweries are located within 1.5 miles of my house....;)