So you think your drummer is too busy?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by bobyoung53, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
    andruca and Pbassmanca like this.
  2. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    More cowbell!

And, he'll have to get his own crew to move his kit. Not me.

Aerobic drumming?

Jewce, Pbassmanca, Helix and 3 others like this.
  3. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    But can he stay in the pocket?
    Can he groove?

4. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member

Trying to imagine a bandmate trying to give him a visual cue...

5. He doesn't seem too bad in the video course he's sololng, 340 pieces there, later he had 800+ and wants 1000. He's in the Guiness book of records.

6. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I am not hiring him.

Spidey2112, jfh2112 and Pbassmanca like this.
  7. Takes him and his three roadies 15 hours to set up anyway.:laugh:

descendent22 likes this.
  8. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    Poser.

Love,
    Terry Bozzio

9. He's got three roadies, takes them 15 hours to set up, has his own 18 wheeler, preaching must be a lucrative trade,

Pet Politics and Pbassmanca like this.
  10. You joke, but the pastor at my church said he was surprised we didn’t pull out the cowbell for our last worship song this morning. (I was playing drums.) I don’t think he knew I actually had one on the kit. So of course I played it generously in the post-service number...

Stumbo, Pbassmanca and bobyoung53 like this.
  11. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    That's cool and all, but if I had to choose between them I'd rather hire this kid with this kit.

12. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

:laugh:
    :thumbsup:

13. I understand this is for a Guinness world record, but still...Meh.

That's more like it. I'm way more impressed by drummers killing it on a small kit than by Terry Bozzio / Neil Peart and their 360 degrees drum sets. They're both obviously very good at what they do, but it doesn't speak to me that much.

My favorites these days are Mark Guiliana and Nate Smith:

14. BassFishingInAmerica

BassFishingInAmerica

Jul 24, 2014
    ... but he ain't no Ringo.

bobyoung53, Oddly and mcarp555 like this.
  15. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Most of the stuff we’ve learned from are what was laid down by the studio cats. We’re inspired by the Entwistle’s and Jaco’s but if you’re playing covers, the studio guys making the hits are usually the best guide to use.

bobyoung53 likes this.
  16. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

Holy crap! What was he doing with his kick drum! I can't figure out how he did that. It sounded like a double pedal, and he had one, but I didn't see him use it in the video. Whatever. His skill level is whupping my sorry attempt at being a drummer.

Nev375 likes this.
  17. the slug

the slug man, why the long face Gold Supporting Member

May 21, 2014
    ok, but can he get out of the car when the bass player locks his keys in it?

jfh2112, hrodbert696 and Pbassmanca like this.
  18. bigswifty1

bigswifty1

Dec 8, 2011
    He has two pedals, L and R both beating the kick drum via one of those linkage thingies. Look at the overhead shots from 2:00 in and you can see the L kick pedal right next to the hat pedal. A few times you can see him swapping his left foot between the Kick and Hat pedals.
    Mike

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    Spidey2112 likes this.
  19. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Yeah the dude's double-kick pedal technique is pretty damn tight.

20. madbass6

madbass6 Inactive

Jan 13, 2009
    I do not give consent to use any of my photos ! please respect that. thank you.
    sorry drummers but after 4 min. of a drum soloing it becomes noise ! ;( further more why complicate things ! i've played with 2/3/4 peace drummers that manage just fine! sometimes less is more!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021