Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

so youve got around $1100 ....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Freakapotamus9, Sep 26, 2001.

1. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    ive got around $500 in cash, ive got an amp that could be sold any second for $500, and my parents will give me $100 ( birthday ). what would you do?????? my main two thoughts were SWR super redhead and a half stack.

ok heres the thing..... my friend wants to buy my amp NOW so i dont wanna screw around very long in fear that he might buy something else. the carvin dcm1000 seems to be my definate choice for the power amp.

the carvin dcm1000 is $400 so that leaves around $700 for a cab ( 4x10 ) and a preamp. what would you do?

im open to anything. $1100

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    The Carvin DCM1000 is a good choice, but I think you could go with the R1000 Head. It is really good in my opinion (I just got mine)

On the other hand, for Cabs, uhmmm its a tough one. I really dont know what to recommend in that department that could fit your wallet.
    A Carvin RL410T is good, but lacks deep lows.
    Maybe a Nemesis 4x10 Could be you answer.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Two Words.

Pawn Shop.

I managed to get an >$1500 (From MF, totaling over 2200) Eden Rig for a paltry 950. Now, if you called around to your local pawnshops, chances are you might find something fairly cheap, and fairly decent. Ah, the wide wonderfull world of used!

Of course, Pawn shops don't come with warentees either...that's something to consider.

4. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    These 2 are well within the price range your talking about

$899.99- Cyclops 600W 1x15, 2x8 Bass Combo Amp

$799.99-Red Eye Combo, Tiltback 2x10 Bass Amp

after shipping costs these will probably put you a little bit over the $1100 mark your talking about.

$1089.99-600W Red Line 2x10, 1x15 Stack

$1069.99-Red Eye Combo Amp with RL118 Cabinet

5. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    errrrr...... im not really into carvin cabs ... :(

pawn shops are my main place to look right now. see the problem is ...... i live in .... nebraska *duh duh duh!!!*

do you know how many guitar stores there are here?!?!

theres like ONE store with two locations that i consider to have a monopoly on lincoln. we have a music go round and a guitar store that has ...... fender ...... thats it. then we have a few pawn shops. THATS IT. omaha has a few more but i cant drive and my parents dont really like driving me around, well at least not to omaha.

can i get a fairly nice amp for around $400-500? see i would really like the carvin power and a preamp set up, but i want a nice cab. maybe an ampeg or swr or boogie.

im really confused and stressed right now. im in the middle. it seems all my problems would be solved with 1500 but 1100 doesnt seem to cut it.

6. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I hope that this isn't out of place here in the regular forum but I tried to send an private email to you.

I just posted a pair of very clean Eden cabs on the for sale page here at Talkbass.

7. captainpabst

captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    Tennessee
    musician's friend has the SWR silverado combo (350W, 2x12t) on sale now for 999.99! that's a killer price on an awesome amp. that's probably what i'd do. either that or a gallien krueger 400rb with an acme low b2 or something...go quality - don't buy a lower line head and cab just to get a head/cab setup. just my 2 cents.