Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

so...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rashbeep, Feb 19, 2006.

1. rashbeep

rashbeep

Jul 15, 2005
    Toronto, ON
    what exactly do shipping people do to take weeks in shipping your bass??:crying:

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ship hundreds of other packages.

Be patient :)

3. What are ya waiting on?

4. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI

...and a few more.

Average Daily Volume
    More than 6 million shipments for express, ground, freight and expedited delivery services

5. Assuming you mean the people it's coming from, and not the shipping company, they wait until they have enough of them to ship to get a good rate for a large shipment.

(Or they lose your order for a few weeks and then say, "oh, crap!:eek: This should have gone out a WHILE ago!")

Call 'em and give them a kick in the pants!

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    The extra time is built in due to the volume of packages. It's hard to smash so many packages if you have to deliver them within a day or two. So stating a week or two give the workers time to do a quality smashing job.

7. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Yeah there ya go. Granted there are a few bad apples in the bunch that I have seen pushing, shoving, throwing things around a bit much but I wonder what the percentage of damaged products compared to how many we do get out unscathed is. Considering the number I posted above...we probably do pretty good.

Can't tell ya how many times the person I'm delivering yells at me for not having the package there on time when it's there a few days ahead of schedule. They tell me it should have been there a week ago or whatever. I then point out to the on the airbill the shipping date and it's 9 outa 10 times a shipper error. Like not getting it out when they should have.

8. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    ;)

I've never had a FEDEX problem, but UPS is nothing but trouble in this area.

My real advice to people is to spring the extra cash for a shipping upgrade. Yes you pay more, but less anxious time waiting impatiently for that new toy, and less time in the hands of the shippers for something to go wrong. I can't guarantee that sending something air is gonna solve any problems, but it certainly must cut down on difficulties.

9. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Here's an example. If you were to send something on a Friday...Priorty overnight for Saturday delivery. Yes I'll be he first to admit through the company I work for = big money, but. There is less freight going through the pipe, which means less freight to bump into and cause damage to that beautiful whatever it is. If you send something say on Friday or Tuesday evening to be sent third business day...sometimes if there is room it will be to you the next day also depending on where you live in relationship to the shipper. It may also be put into an aircraft container with the rest of the misfit toys and put to the side for when they are gosh darn good and ready to go the night before and have to get it out. Logistics man...logistics.