1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Soapbar for fretless

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Gormsgade, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Gormsgade

Gormsgade Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2005
    Denmark
    Hi guys.
    I'm in the process of rebuilding a fretted Wasburn Force 5 abt to fretless, which could end up with replacing the pick-ups and pre-amp. From just playing the bass without plugging it into my amp, it seems there's tons of tone in the wood and the neck though construction, which doesn't quite come through when amplified.
    Pre-amp I already got, but I could use some advise in selecting a pair of soapbar pick-ups in the 4" x 1,5" size.
    So any recommendations what to look for?
    The bass is build of materials in the tone register pointing towards a Wal bass, mahogany core and hardwood front and back, which I why I specifically choose this Washburn bas, so I'm looking for a powerful dark growling character more than the last word in upper treble performance.

Your experience is highly appreciated.

Thomas

2. Look at the different lines of pickup response curves bartolini has to offer. They have the soapbars with the dimensions you listed they also have different character pickups depending on if you want more of a dark tone or a piano tone or a middy type burp growl.

3. Dual Coil 5

These in the EMG size are 1.51″ x 4.02″